Would love some comments on website!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

ok...firstly, I don't mind the green at all :-)

secondly...I actually like the bed photo...nice, neat, tidy, etc.
I like to see where I sleep and I have a "thing" about out-of-date, dirty-looking linens ;-) so I like to see it.

I'd love a better photo of the exterior though...and one of the village would be wonderful (maybe the bakery or something else charming? cafe tables?, etc.)

also...found myself clicking aways from the rates before I even read them...maybe a rate tabale or esasier to read-quickly format?

I have NO CLUE where anything is in France :-) so even more general directions in the first page would be nice for people like me ;-) who don't know if it's north, south, east or west:-)!

I agree with everyone else about the purpose of your business...I think you really need to focus on B&B OR self-catering for large groups...but it is confusing to the reader to have both.
fibi

Post by fibi »

personally I like the green and your website - the only negative for me is the constatly changing photo on the homepage which made me feel dizzy! :roll: A bit of brigthening of the pics would be good but its clear well laid out and easy to read.

Far more fundamental though than your website is that I think you have to decide what you are and what you offer guests. I just do not see how you can operate what appears to be a B&B, a self catering holiday home and residental courses all from the same property- it is a logistical nightmare!!
I would never consider booking your place as a B&b because it appears that you are not on site and I would be worrying about who maybe in the room next to me :? :? , I wouldn't book it as a self catering place either as it didn't appear to be one.

So before you do your website I would have a think about the product you are selling. If you are offsite I would think a B&B arrangement would be difficult to sell and operate however you do have a lovely property that looks to be ideal for self catering why not just stick to that???
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Green is fine, although it could be a better green and anyway my limited French tells me the name of your property translates as Beautiful Green ? (I'm sure I stand to be corrected ;-)

I think your header has too much going on copy-wise and needs to be thought out a bit more. I don't like the horizontal white line.

For consistency, the top nav should be one word as looks messy when you see Reservations & Rates and Residential Courses split across 2 lines.

And the photos are annoying because I like to be in control when viewing photos, I don't want to have to wait while it goes through the cycle.

In fact, you have no gallery and I think that would be a good idea to implement, along with captions for the photos so we know what we're looking at. They may be obvious to you because you know them, but we've never been there before ;-)

Finally, I'm big fan of address and contact details being displayed prominently, gives me confidence that the places exists and I'm dealing with real people with real names.
Chambo

Done a bit of tweaking...

Post by Chambo »

Hello!

Thank you so much for all of your comments last week on my site..

I've taken all of what you said on board and got my brother to have another go at re-doing the text, adding the map and changing the photos. He hasn't actually changed the pictures yet (next few days) and the green will be changed soon but would it be possible to have a quick read and see if our message is clearer?

I think what came out before was that we were putting out a confused message about what we actually were!

I really, really appreciate the time that people took to read my site and just wanted you all to know that I listened!

Thanks again,
Anna