It's August for ****s sake

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
cc

It's August for ****s sake

Post by cc »

Yesterday morning at breakfast a guest asked "Can you recommend a deserted beach near here for us please?"
August on the Costa del Sol, sure no problem.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
enid

Post by enid »

:D :D :D

Like people saying that there are wasps and flies about here!!!!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh we've had that one! :lol: :lol: Trouble is I do know one :shock: but it's a fav of some friends and they disagree with me sending anyone there :roll: :lol:

My current 'august' problem is not being able to get taxis for guests. We can only call the village taxi service (the taxi drivers won't come from out of their town boundary to pick up) and they're regularly taking the phone of the hook :shock: :shock:

So when our last guests were leaving for the airport...we couldn't get through. Mr Mouse had to go into the village and flag 2 down!

The taxi drivers here are a powerful bunch and lobby the townhalls to stop them issuing temporary licences for July/Aug when the demand goes up. Naturally this leads to lots of illegal taxis :roll:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
gh

Post by gh »

enid wrote::D :D :D

Like people saying that there are wasps and flies about here!!!!
:lol: So true, laughed out loud at that one. :lol:

Helen
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Yesterday morning at breakfast a guest asked "Can you recommend a deserted beach near here for us please?"
Can't stop myself laughing at that one! :lol: :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Quote:

Can't stop myself laughing at that one!
:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

BagPuss wrote:
Can't stop myself laughing at that one! :lol: :lol:
But BP they'll have read about them on all those travel sites don't you know! :lol: :lol:

How about sending them to Asturias CC? :lol:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

How about this one recieved today?

'I didn't think it would be so hot!'

hmm spain? august? :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

How about this one recieved today?

'I didn't think it would be so hot!'

hmm spain? august?
Oh My Goodness Roxy :wink:
...I can sooo better that :shock:
...When we were In EGYPT for Goodness sake..this woman was walking about all week with loads of clothes on muttering to all and Sundry [and her poor Hubby] about not expecting it to be HOT :!: :o :shock: :roll:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Big Sis.. wrote:...When we were In EGYPT for Goodness sake..this woman was walking about all week with loads of clothes on muttering to all and Sundry [and her poor Hubby] about not expecting it to be HOT :!: :o :shock: :roll:
Well - it does vary with where you are, doesn't it? I remember being in Luxor on a "business trip" one May, and I had to wear a jacket and tie whilst visiting the Valley of the Kings, Karnak etc - but because it was so dry (bone dry!) you could tolerate temps of around 48 - 50 degrees C, which would leave you floundering in the GB humidity.

That's why I love the Med climate - it's warm, but fairly dry, and you can feel comfortable in temps which back home would have you prostrated (spelt that right I think!)

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
gpck

Post by gpck »

Moliere wrote:
Big Sis.. wrote:...When we were In EGYPT for Goodness sake..this woman was walking about all week with loads of clothes on muttering to all and Sundry [and her poor Hubby] about not expecting it to be HOT :!: :o :shock: :roll:
Well - it does vary with where you are, doesn't it? I remember being in Luxor on a "business trip" one May, and I had to wear a jacket and tie whilst visiting the Valley of the Kings, Karnak etc - but because it was so dry (bone dry!) you could tolerate temps of around 48 - 50 degrees C, which would leave you floundering in the GB humidity.

Moliere
Same in Las Vegas - it get over 100 F but it doesn't feel too bad, as there's hardly any humidity... Why can't it be like that here in the UK???
gpck
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

feathersonline wrote:Why can't it be like that here in the UK???
Well, you see, there's this thing called "an island", which is a Britain surrounded by water, and all the water is trying to invade (like Big Sis's birdie!) and some bits of it make it, so it's damp.

At least that's what i've always heard.

mols
gpck

Post by gpck »

Moliere wrote:
feathersonline wrote:Why can't it be like that here in the UK???
Well, you see, there's this thing called "an island", which is a Britain surrounded by water, and all the water is trying to invade (like Big Sis's birdie!) and some bits of it make it, so it's damp.

At least that's what i've always heard.

mols
Why not just pull the plug out, so the water goes away??? :wink:
gpck
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

feathersonline wrote: Why not just pull the plug out, so the water goes away??? :wink:
I thought G W Bush had tried that? 8)

Mols
Taff2

Post by Taff2 »

Moliere wrote:
feathersonline wrote: Why not just pull the plug out, so the water goes away??? :wink:
I thought G W Bush had tried that? 8)

Mols
Sorry Mols,
He wasn't drilling to let the water out but to
find more oil. :wink:

Ian

See I can post without any puns
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.