It's August for ****s sake

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

You should send them to IC (Costa de la Luz), we found a stretch of beach that was virtually deserted in early July :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Curses, Ian, why didn't I think of that?

I would have thought the GWB and that nice Mr Cheney would have gotten themselves enough oil in Iraq (or was that Iran? . . . well one of them anyway) to keep their Humvees going without poodling about with our seriously thatcherised reserves.
But maybe I'm wrong, so we just have to endure this higher humidity to keep the good ol' USofA moving. Let's face it, it's in a good cause - the Free World is depending on us staunch Brits to preserve the fight for freedom, and to melt the odd glacier or two if necessary (but ONLY if necessary!)

Ah merde! :roll:

(Thread-creep alert! :oops: )

Mols
gpck

Post by gpck »

Moliere wrote: and to melt the odd glacier or two if necessary (but ONLY if necessary!)
Mols
... of course it's necessary - we need some hot & sunny weather, despite how humid it gets...!
gpck
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

You should send them to IC (Costa de la Luz), we found a stretch of beach that was virtually deserted in early July
Hi Party :)
well surprisingly :o there are still quite a few beaches near us in Spain that the Holidaymakers havent found..
that are still quite quiet.....We often slip down early and have a stroll and a swim its a great way to start the day.....
[wish I was there now :roll: ]
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

go on Ros, tell me , tell me!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well one of the quieter ones is at Guadamar which Im sure youve been to its Lovely
but if you go at the very far end[near the lovely park bit [w with the picnicky bit]
and the trees..and carry on you will find a lovely sand duney bit[think its got a separate name but cant remember it...]
Really secluded and privatey[the sand dunes help of course] We have friends that live there and their Spanish neighbours took them there..they will probably kill me now.. :roll:
If your out there next time we go we will take you Itll be nice to meet up!!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Moliere wrote:Well - it does vary with where you are, doesn't it? I remember being in Luxor on a "business trip" one May, and I had to wear a jacket and tie whilst visiting the Valley of the Kings, Karnak etc - but because it was so dry (bone dry!) you could tolerate temps of around 48 - 50 degrees C, which would leave you floundering in the GB humidity.
I grew up in Sydney, where my mother was always crying 'it's not the heat, it's the humidity!' It's true Mols.
roxytoo wrote:How about this one recieved today?

'I didn't think it would be so hot!'

hmm spain? august? :lol:
And of course, the converse, like the guest we had earlier this year who complained in the guestbook that the pool was 'COLD, COLD, COLD!!!': it was still only May... :roll:
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Yes I love Guardamar,been known to skinny dip at night there much to the disgust of the children!! I always direct my guests to that beach especially in the summer as its so long and big it never feels crowded like the ones in the main town do

Yes would be good to meet!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Some very quiet beaches in this area too - especially between Nerja and Torrox Costa then between Maro and La Herradura which has stunning coves as long as you don´t mind a steep walk down from the main road..
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I love Maro beach. Spent quite a few days there when we took our kids to nerja about 12 years ago. Is it still the same?
brenda

Post by brenda »

Pretty much so Helen.

There are still many lovely/secluded places in the Axarquia - its just a matter of knowing where to look.

So many people still think you have to go west of Malaga for a holiday and miss this wonderful area completely.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm not so fond of Nerja now though, we actually stayed up in the Alpujarras on our last visit (2002ish) and used the beaches at Castell de Ferro (?) I think, although not every day. I think next summer we're thinking about a return trip.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Used to have a house in Nerja - loved it for holidays but certainly not somewhere I would want to live permanently-

Town grew so much in the 3 years we had the house - nowhere near as nice now as it used to be due to so many new apartment blocks. Parking a real nightmare too!

The Alpujarras are stunning.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We went to nerja for lunch on the way back to Malaga airport and were shocked to see how much the place had grown.