Horror stories - your guests from hell

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
paolo

Horror stories - your guests from hell

Post by paolo »

Got any good horror stories about your lettings? I've heard some real shockers from Lay My Hat readers. Luckily for me my worst renter was a 'non-smoker' who filled the house and fabrics with the refreshing fragrance of pipe-smoke.

Who were your guests from hell?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
tansy

horror stories

Post by tansy »

how about the house nearly burnt down as the young parents didn't supervise the children(7,5 & 4) who covered the radiators with bedding (France - electric convectors) then the husband says to us it's written in French on the heaters not to cover them!!...that as their starters for 10 - I won't list the rest!!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We did have sofa that was cream go blotchy green ..........and what was it with tea spoons last year we must have lost 5 or 6 which has never happend before.....strange world we live in.

Cheers
PC
Cheers
PC
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Last summer we had guests that thought it was "OK" to put a bbq grill on a wooden coffee table!!! The result was that we had a great black hole in the middle of the table, which they very cleverly covered using a table cloth. We returned their deposit only to realise when they had left the damage they had caused. They left us 25 euros to cover the cost!!!
paule133

Re: Horror stories - your guests from hell

Post by paule133 »

Our worst experience wasn't a paying guest but our cleaner and her husband. They actually moved into the cottage and lived there whenever it wasn't let out. We popped in one Saturday night unannounced and found them with the central heating full on, a blazing log fire and they were both blind drunk!
They didn't even apologize when they had sobered up AND they pinched all my beers from the storage shed. Shame because she was an excellent cleaner.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Paule - Ha!! That beat it all.
It reminds me of a French and Saunders sketch where they were 2 chambermaids raiding the mini bar and watching tv lying on the bed..
I'm glad I'm close enough to do my change overs myself but I don't always think that when I have to get up on a Sat morning, drive 55 miles then start cleaning :(
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Paule133! Image

What an excellent story :lol:
Paolo
Lay My Hat
villa sibillini

GUESTS FROM HELL

Post by villa sibillini »

How much space can I have?

We have had guests who asked for plums to be peeled, and grapes de-seeded.
One who wanted to bring takeway food back to eat in the restaurant.
The same one hung undies on the terrace for other guests to enjoy and took soft furnishings - cushions, bed throws & towels to the beach.
Others who left babies nappies in the outside bin
On cutting their stay short due to work insisted on a refund or they would sue.....

There were more, but it makes us really appreciate the great ones.
Pam, David & Georgina Bates
Villa Sibillini Country House
www.villasibillini.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

They sounded like a right bunch of charmers!!

Re the fruit, reminds me of my favourite line ever from a movie - Mae West saying casually to her maid "Peel me a grape, Bulah"!!!