Guests with no directions

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Ju

Guests with no directions

Post by Ju »

We have just realised that the guests due to arrive tomorrow have not been sent any directions.

We have been exchanging e-mails over the past couple of weeks to sort out the food we are preparing for them and arranging for a birthday cake, but I've just checked though them all and none of them have the directions attached.

This has never happened to us before. I've just phoned them and there is no reply (I guess they have already left). I think everyone these days is so reliant on Sat Nav that they think they don't need directions, but it is not very reliable around here.

There is nothing much we can do but wait for them to arrive or call. I just hope they think to pack our phone number (normally it is printed on the bottom of the directions so that I know people have it with them.

Ju
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oh Ju Try not to worry :( ....Im sure they will be Ok what time were you expecting them :roll:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Yes, Ju - fingers crossed!

I did something similar last week, when I forgot to send some upcoming guests the "House notes" which tell them how everything works (pool-alarm, sat-tv, etc) but also had all the important local phone numbers, including my local "get out of jail" house-manager!

Fortunately, I did remember, just in time!

To quote T S Eliot - "I grow old, I grow old, soon I shall etc ..."

Oh well, hope they find you

mols
Last edited by Moliere on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
gh

Post by gh »

Got the t-shirt too, ours found us by sat-nav,most have them who travel further than Sainsburys do. :wink: They would have keyed you in before leaving.

Helen
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

That's what we do, key in the route first, but for some reason, in Champagne area, it always goes to pot, and loses the signal.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

when I forgot to send some upcoming guests the "House notes" which tell them how everything works (pool-alarm, sat-tv, etc) but also had all the important local phone numbers, including my local "get out of jail" house-manager!
Mols do you leave a copy of these in the house anyway in case people forget to bring them :roll:
paolo

Post by paolo »

This has happened a couple of times - people have forgotten to print everything out and bring it with them, including my phone number. They did manage to find the house because I am in a village. Hopefully they will ask around and your neighbours will direct them.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
judyc

Post by judyc »

I had sent guests their written directions a few years ago when Sat Nav was less common, but they obviously preferred to rely on their new 'toy'.

Only problem was, they programmed in Tayrac (our village) in the Aveyron rather than Lot-et-Garonne. They had passed within an hour of us at Cahors, but had then realised their mistake after nearly two hours in the opposite direction. :oops:

A very long journey for them!

Judy

www.faysselle.iowners.net
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Ju. They must feel confident that they know where you are or they would have contacted YOU, they probably have sat nav so feel sure ! At least it should get them almost there ! Funnily enough, altho in UK ours lands us up in dead ends, fields etc in France we have found the remotest spots using it !That is remote spots where we actually wanted to be as opposed to where we didn't , LOL :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

That is remote spots where we actually wanted to be as opposed to where we didn't , LOL
:wink: :lol:
Marks

Post by Marks »

Did you take a mobile telephone number when making the booking?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Big Sis.. wrote:Mols do you leave a copy of these in the house anyway in case people forget to bring them :roll:
Yep, but folks being folks they don't always stay there - alternatively if people leave multiple sets behind, they breed. :lol:

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Moliere wrote:
Big Sis.. wrote:Mols do you leave a copy of these in the house anyway in case people forget to bring them :roll:
Yep, but folks being folks they don't always stay there - alternatively if people leave multiple sets behind, they breed. :lol:

Moliere
LOL :lol: :lol: Who breeds ?? :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Fraise said
LOL Who breeds ??
:D

Ros said..
Yep MolsImage :wink: :roll: :lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

All the little breeders, of course 8)

Actually, I was referring to the occasional proliferation of house-notes, in various stages of misuse and disrepute, but I suppose I could rely on you lot to misconstrue anything in the worst possible way, as usual.
(You know, the worst possible way I know is standing up in a hammock - what about you? :lol: )

Mols