Guests with no directions

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

GG its all so petty really and it her manner which just does not help the situation. The booking has be amended about 5 times but the last amendment we could not change the dates as requested so it was agreed that she would come on Friday, however she wanted to check in at 12 and was told this was not possible, which she failed to understand but was told if she turned up at 12 all she would be able to do was leave her luggage. Well of course she arrived on Friday at 11.50 and failed to understand why I would not let her into the room, I had only just taken the bed linen off the bed. That evening she had ordered table d hote had no dislikes and ordered the same food for the children, well none of that was correct and I have given the children too much meat, i knew the children would not eat the starter so had prepared them another one but she said she had ordered the same for all , so i then gave the children the same starter but of course they did not eat any of it. She had also requested use of the bbq during her stay and we provided room in the fridge and plates etc. well none of the space was good enough and she the fridge was not clean.
Later she came down to complain that the room had a spider in it and therefore could not have been clean and as she could not gain access to 3pm I had been given 3 hours to ensure the room would have been spotless. Next morning she said the toilets and bathroom were dirty and the small fridge in the room could not be used and that had stains , ok I have to agree with that one about the small fridge , there are 2 bottle stains which I cant remove. She even complained that the grass by the pool was too long and get this the grass at the back by the swing was too short and she did not think it was safe for the children, Then parking was a problem and then said the place was just full of dust and not to her standard. At this point she was told she could leave , but no she is still here and has even booked dinner for tomorrow night. The husband just say oh no its not a problem then the wife rounds on him and say but it is. Oh one last thing she said that next Saturday she is going to a wedding and would not return on the Saturday evening so assume that she would not have to pay for that night. At Breakfast this morning i was told she has another spider in the room.But i am now calm, only another 12 days to go :lol:
Nessie
enid

Post by enid »

Well she's certainly in the holiday mood!!! - at least you're not married to her.

We had 2 mice in the first gite last week - Sally our fabulous fox terrier got one but the second stayed a bit longer. the French guests joked about it - saying that we even offer free entertainment!

There's nothing you can do about glass half full people - nothing you do is going to be right and as presumably you don't want her to be a return guest I should try to ignore her as much as possible.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mouse wrote: Thankfully I've not come across anyone yet who's complained about anything...but if I did & was on-site I can imagine the stress would be unbearable.
:shock: What??!! How long have you been renting, Mousie?

Nessie, your woman sounds as if she might even have a psychological problem, her behaviour sounds so extreme: grumpy before her time! Poor husband and kids. Poor you - twelve more days???!! One can only hope she'll relax a bit with more of your kind hospitality.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nessie, if you survive without commiting GBH until next weekend, remind her if she doesn't want to pay for her room when she goes to the wedding, she will have to remove all her luggage :wink: and that you have now got another booking for it, so she will be unable to return until 3pm the following day :D.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Good one Helen! 8)
The Moles Mother

Post by The Moles Mother »

HelenB wrote:Nessie, if you survive without commiting GBH until next weekend, remind her if she doesn't want to pay for her room when she goes to the wedding, she will have to remove all her luggage :wink: and that you have now got another booking for it, so she will be unable to return until 3pm the following day :D.
Brilliant!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MM
A vegetarian oasis in the heart of Boeuf Bourguignonne country
http://www.lesbattees.com/
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

What??!! How long have you been renting, Mousie?
3rd year GG! :)
Yip - I've had occasion to complain to guests...but so far not one tiny complaint has come my way (or perhaps they're scared of me :evil: :lol: )

Nessie - totally agree with Helen...on the departure day tell her to get her backside off your premises pronto & explain you don't feel inclined to help with her luggage dilemma unless she pays an extra day for the room.

As others say...you have to feel sorry for the kids & husband :roll:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Oh my god I can't believe the cheek of it!! Some people just want to complain about every ****** thing don't they! I wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue with her and in fact would probably have told her to sod off by now!

Definitely agree tell her she has to take her stuff if she doesn't want to pay for that night she's going to the wedding. Has she already paid for the whole stay?

:shock: :x :evil: :evil:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mouse wrote: Yip - I've had occasion to complain to guests...but so far not one tiny complaint has come my way (or perhaps they're scared of me :evil: :lol: ) x
Mouse by name but not by nature eh Mousie? Or plain lucky? We're in our third year too, but have had a long list of complaints from one lot, the receipt of which I then complained about on LMH, and then there was the guy who moaned about the pool being cold at the end of May ( :roll:), and observations from others which weren't really complaints but more like helpful comments, such as our tumblers were too big to get into the dishwasher...
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Or plain lucky?
Perhaps we get a more 'chilled' type of guest here on the White Isle :wink:
Or maybe I offer such a high level of service they have no need to complain :lol: :lol: no...I don't think so either - lucky I am then :D (now I'll probably break my duck & have a right royal complaint sometime soon :roll: )

The only time I've had a diffcult situation was when charging one lot of guests for damage & late departure (cos I had to get them out of bed :roll: )...they replied with a couple of non-sensical complaints in their defense - so I reckon I provoked that one!

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Good one Helen, :lol: but i told her she has to pay me for the night regardless as no mention on the contract does it state she would not be staying, she had the option to go yesterday and i would only have charged for the nights stayed but she has declined.Also sylvia gave her reduced rates as she booked last year , so we gave her last year rates for the room
really suprised i have to cook for her she also wanted tuesday night for me to cook but i have declined.
Nessie
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I am not surprised you declined. What will she find to complain about next?
:roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well What can I say :shock:
..How youve kept you hands off the silly cow up to know Ive absolutely no idea...Tell you what I wish I could show that much restraint...[Hubby would have his nervous twitch by now...]
As the others have said shes just a moaner..Ive met them myself when Ive been in lovely hotels they whinge and whine about nowt..If you help them with one problem they will find another....as theyre only 'happy' if they have something to moan about..
How can she expect you not to charge for the night of the wedding what an absolute :shock: ...well Im speechless[thats a first] :roll:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Tell her you don't charge extra for the spiders!
enid

Post by enid »

:D :D :D :D