Cleaning: Too much or too little

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
debk

Post by debk »

gack. ok, so no electric kettles. (they were ugly anyway.)

guess i'm back to buying another little cast iron kettle at the expensive designer kitchen shop. they are awfully dear... and i'll check to make sure they are big enough for four cups.

centime, hi! thanks for the kind words. someday when i am down in lisbon i will give you a ring for a get-together. (but obvious not tea!!!!) i'm a bit stretched trying to get at least one of the escrituras done (insert appropriate portuguese words of frustration here) before Easter, along with the daughter's wedding in 19 days and wedding guests starting to arrive from overseas next week. :shock:

thanks again everyone!
debk
centime

Back to the Cleaning topic

Post by centime »

For all you Chatalenes out there. Just found a site out there with loads of tips, check out the red chili powder to deter ants and the organic section for cleaning materials. http://www.essortment.com/in/Home.Cleaning/
Speed cleaning section is a hoot! Saw a BBC prog about the National trust seems that the Rothschilds homes have a cleaning schedule all of there own, my husband went oo :o and ah :D when he saw the woman on her knees smoothing the newly cleaned carpet. Would love to find out their training program for the staff and apply it to my cleaning lady. I think it may all be in the system as us lady owners can usually do it in half the time of the cleaning ladies unless they have been at it for years and years and are career cleaners. But I love to learn, and anything that cuts down the time on this job is very welcome. Now you guys it is about time you passed on your tips and secrets about the Butler's thumb :wink:
MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL

Post by MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL »

I guess if we all had opinionated guests visit our house & sleep in our rooms..we would keep our homes as clean as our rentals! Glad to see I'm not alone. In my case my rental is only 432 sq. ft and I get to clean ALONE in peace...my house is over 2K sq. ft & while I clean one area my children wreak havoc in another area! It's nice to take pride in cleaning our rentals, afterall, like children we need approval and that "great job!" from our paying guests.

In addition to my paintbrush for scuffs..I've become #1 fan to Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. It removes scuffs on walls & furniture! As to the pen stain...Spray & Wash works for me...but not on all fabrics..I have a brand new shirt with the same dilemna..so when you find out what else works...let me know so I can repair my shirt!

Thanks for the link...that website will keep me busy reading all those great tips!

I used to subscribe to FLYLADY.NET. Her whole philosophy is DECLUTTERING. It has worked wonders for my rental...but my kids don't appreciate the concept & the toys are taking over my life. The whole concept for rentals is great b/c our Guests bring their own baggage, so they need room for their stuff too...plus less items for me to clean! Keep them coming...I love this site.
My Beach Cottage..make it YOURS during your vacation!http://home.earthlink.net/~mybeachcottage/
centime

Post by centime »

Molly Maid Canada web page has a tips section and suggests :Recruit your children to help with a basic cleaning routine. Regularly following a routine will develop good organizational habits in your children and will reduce the stress caused by reminding your children to tidy their room.
See you have staff you did not know you had! :lol:
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!
MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL

Post by MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL »

LOL!!! I will check out their website. My 4 yr old does tidy up when I get on her case but my 21 month old is still loving the "dropsie" game for me to pick it up. We do some clean up w/ Barney's famous song but you can imagine his attention span on that one. So I guess you can say he is on "modified duty" until he is old enough to work his weight.
My Beach Cottage..make it YOURS during your vacation!http://home.earthlink.net/~mybeachcottage/