Out of Hours Arrivals

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Rosbif

Out of Hours Arrivals

Post by Rosbif »

Hi following on from other recent posts about late arrivals etc, does anyone, who is not on site, charge guests extra for late arrivals. E.g. if you have a caretaker/manager I would expect to pay them more to meet guests out of hours.

The reason I ask is one booking I have for next February - their flight doesn't arrive to Grenoble until 9.30pm so they are unlikely to be at the resort until at least 12.30 or 1am.

What would be a reasonable out of hours charge do you think?

Carole
Last edited by Rosbif on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It hasn't been a problem for us so far, but now Mel is living in Briancon, it could become one. If they are arriving very late, or are delayed by weather, she sometimes leaves the keys in the Alpen bar, and calls the guests. We have actually left a key in the flower pot on the terrace before too, but only once. Mel says late arrivals are all part of the job of keyholding. Before 11pm, she will meet them at the apartment, after that keys in the Alpen which closes at 2am, or in the flowerpot if no other option. Can't help with extra fee to keyholer though.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

that's where a keysafe earns it's weight in gold. If it's not essential to see someone in the minute they arrive, why not consider that as an option for future late arrivals (useful even if someone is just delayed, saves a lot of hanging around). If a meet and greet has to be done it can always be done the next morning or an hour after they arrive or whatever without too much problem I would have thought.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Thanks Nightowl, but I don't think that option would really work for me as its a studio in an apartment block, so there is nowhere I could put the keysafe really :(

Shame really as I imagine it would work well for those of you with villas etc

:?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

A keysafe is not really an option for you, I could manage it though, being ground floor, with a terrace with walls I could secure it to.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

we're planning to put ours on the wall right next to the front door, but the key will only go in it when guests are expected
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Living in a quiet law-abiding part of the country, our late arriving guests find the key under an upside down flowerpot - we give them directions as to where to find it and get our keyholder to leave the outside lights on!

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Again, not really an option for a large apartment block though. Carol, could you post the guests the keys for this one?
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Yes thats a possibility, or I guess they could be left at the Extreme Bar if all else fails!
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

my keysafe attatches to the door handle - don't need to mount it to the wall or anything.

As for prices...I think the local management co. charges an extra 45euros for arrivals after 6pm.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Yes that's true, you can get ones that attach to door handles - I was looking through websites yesterday cos we need one for the new rental - if I can find the link I'll post it so you can check them out, Rosbif.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes, but Rosbifs property is inside a large apartment block, probably with a locked outer door too, so again, not really an option. Don't let it stop you posting the link though, it would be useful for others.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Yes that's right the outer door does get locked at night after a certain time, so key safe not really possible for me unfortunately :(

My keyholder has said she will meet them with the keys, so its OK, we have just decided that I will put a clause in my T&C that if arrivals are after midnight, then they need to pay 10 euros direct to her for 'out of hours' which I thought was an extremely reasonable amount, I think I would want a bit more :)

I don't think it will happen too often as flights usually arrive in the morning, but for some reason this one from Glasgow is very late!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think one of the Stansted/Turin flights gets in late too, hence the key in the flowerpot the other week.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

in Barcelona properties they often mention a charge for late/early arrivels...so if you take a look at those listings you might get a good idea

mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!