Winter revamp.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

:)
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The good thing about my website is that it is so easy to alter if I need to.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

What I need now are some ' pics' of buttons that I can use instead of my text links.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Helen, I like the idea of giving a website its winter clothes, might nick that idea ;-)

Will take a thorough look tomorrow.

Tree-peony, love your site, or rather building site ;-) Is that for real? I can see it on Holiday Pad: Luxury building site in Gozo ;-)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Garri, comes from having a main winter season, and needing to attract more summer guests I suppose. I simply changed the template colour to a nice 'fern green' for the summer, and moved the page order around a little bit. I've changed the header on my blog site too.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

yes Garri, it's VERY real :) but the photos were taken in February, and I really just started faffing with the site ready for proper launch in October, cos I have to do it as and when my day job permits.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

Helen, there's a million free button generator site out there ;)

just google :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know, but when I tried, none of them looked quite right, and arty son was supposed to be making me one :roll:
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

well I'd just nick the ones off your main menu and modify them :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Probably the best idea.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I think it looks really nice!

Some small things:

It might be worth keeping the buttons as text though, because Google will look favourably on it.

How about putting some links in the intro text to pull people in a bit? e.g.

"Only a short walk from the pistes (linked to the skiing page), which can be seen from the terrace (link to the view)

And maybe link to more pics or about the apartment, below the kitchen pic?

Small typo: "although there a several excellent restaurants" (could also be a link)

It might be nice to break the text up into paragraphs a bit more?

The link to the Picasa album could do with updating - it does work, but takes you to a redirect first. On a slow connection, people might not get the redirect...

Having a pool is such a treat, maybe mention it on the intro?

And perhaps, instead of the kitchen pic, you could show some more photos - maybe make the kitchen, the bedroom, the pool and the view into one image (in quarters) and use that? You could easily miss the pool at the moment I think, and what about the hammam?

I still think it's worth talking a bit about the eco-friendliness of the underfloor heating, it would be a big plus to me.

Getting there - maybe provide a google map link? So people can see exactly where it is...

"Transfers :
EUREKASKI PLUS
Don't forget to mention Chalet Chamoissiere"

I wondered why??

Hope this is useful :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Firebug, although Eurekaski are the ski school in the village, they also arrnage transfers, accommodation etc, and my apartment is listed on their site, for a 5% commission on any booking they give me. If I refer a guest to them for ski school etc, I get something in return, that't the only reason. It's not a 5% commission unless I can't accommodate the guest, and refer them for accommodation.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OK, I've put a couple of collages on the first two pages, and linked them to my apartment photo album, let me know what you think. Two secs until it is updated and online. I don't want to get too carried away :D
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

love the one on the front page, altho I can't quite work out what the pic on the right is? is it a bathroom? (I'm on my old laptop at the moment an the screen is pretty small - or is it that I haven't got my seeing glasses on :roll: )

on the apartment page, I think I would try and delineate the photos somehow? maybe a very thin border? The top 2 look fine but the ones underneath seem to run into each other.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

TP. its the hammam/turkish steam room.