Share your blogs

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Stu, spare me the chore of reading through the pretentious drivel on Roger Dean's site but are the homes for life available to rent as holiday homes? Or are they simply mock-ups for the forthcoming Yes reunion (god forbid!)

Recycled boxcars and freight containers are other interesting possibilities.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Garri,

I'm afraid there's no escaping the pretentious drivel to get to Homes For Life. I have no idea if they're available yet either as holiday rentals or as homes, er...for life.

I've seen those redesigned containers used as homes too. Somewhere in the docklands, wasn't it?
Last edited by Stu on Fri May 16, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Thanks to an idea from Mountain Goat (Thanks Richard!) I have revamped the blog and it has a shiny new domain....

Still working on it but here's what I've got so far....

http://www.chamonixchalet.info/
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Garri

Post by Garri »

Absolutely superb!!!

One little detail, consider changing the way the permalinks are expressed: Options > Permalinks

e.g. http://www.chamonixchalet.info/?p=32

the ?p=32 can be changed to something more meaningful by making it into what they call 'clean URLs'.
Last edited by Garri on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Thanks Garri! :D That's a good idea, I'll look at it tonight - there's quite a few things left to tidy up but I hadn't thought of that, should probably be a priority.

Edit - and we're done :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Windy

Post by Windy »

Here's my two pence worth

http://windermerelodge.blogspot.com/

I have this feeling that (like most bloggers) I am talking to myself with this (does this make me mad?) :wink:

Best wishes

John
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I have this feeling that (like most bloggers) I am talking to myself with this (does this make me mad?)
Who said that :shock: .......[anybody there?].... :roll: :lol:
What is it they say..
''The time to Worry, is when someone answers''

Seriously :) , Nice Blog Windi!.... Lovely Photos.....
Windy

Post by Windy »

Cheers Big Sis

''The time to Worry, is when someone answers''

The time to worry is when you don't even get comment spam :lol:

J
enid

Post by enid »

I like it John - clean and accessible - and i like the colour scheme. I'm not sure if you are talking to yourself but if it only serves as your own diary it is worthwhile in my opinion.That's what I am going to use mine for - I think if anyone else wants to read it that is the bonus but obviously you need to write as though they might.
Wol

Post by Wol »

John

I really like your blog - charmingly written, amusing little posts with beautiful pics - they would certainly encourage me up to the Lakes, even if I had never been there before.

As it happens, until recently a good friend was House Manager at Hilltop, so we had an excuse (should one be needed) to visit. She's now accepted a job in Worksop (what was she thinking of :shock: )
Wol
Not the Wizard of Aus - that's MOH

http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/
Windy

Post by Windy »

Thanks guys

Seems the auto notifications might be squiffy at the mo as I wasn't aware of any replies until I checked.

Nice to know that at least a few people have now read my attempt at being Web 2.0 (or should that be 1.9) :wink:

J
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

errrr....
been an age since laying my hat.....just about to go on holiday to australia via hong kong for 2 months....starting in sydney and heading up the east coast to brisbane , cairns taking in all the sights we can

set up our blog....sue and chris's australian adventure....

anyone want an invite to it??

most humble of returned 3 michelin starred chefs( tongue in cheek)!!!
chef who will try anything!!
enid

Post by enid »

I'd love to follow your travels Chris and Sue - just the trip I am planning to celebrate turning 60 later this year so I'll be very interested and would love a link. Have a great trip!!!!!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I hadn't noticed this topic before. I am surprised when people say they don't know if people read their blogs - Wordpress tells you how many people have, which items they read and, very useful what they searched for. Also, how people click through to one of our sites - not many at the moment, but it takes little time to post items and it may build up.

I have just done one experiment: I noticed, from 'The Counter' logs on our websites that a lot of people were searching for German school and public holiday dates. We don't have those on our main sites and I didn't particular want to clutter the sites up with them. So I posted the lists of dates on the blog and, in turn, drove up the visitors to the blog looking for that information. Note sure if it actually means anything in the grand scheme of things but it interested me as an experiment.

I have also been trying out ezine articles (thanks, Marcus!) and noticed there that articles I posted about Christmas were particularly popular (the one on St. Nikolaus especially), so have posted a long article and blog item on the whole Christmas in Bavaria theme. Again, only a few click throughs from there to our sites but it can't be doing any harm!
Stu

Post by Stu »

Best of luck Chris with your Big Adventure, and yes, I'd like to be signed up too! I may have saved up enough cash to do the same when I'm 60! Long way to go yet though, of course! :lol:

The only reason I started my Blog was to keep family & friends in touch with what was happening here, but it seems to have cast a wider net than that. Because I link to it from our website, we get comments from guests all the time now, asking stuff that makes me wonder how they knew, then either I realise, or they tell me that they read the Blog! I don't really see it as a marketing tool for the business though perhaps I should, and give it more time than I do currently. What's the best Blog 'provider' for getting 'seen' then, in people's view?