Share your blogs

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
chrismooney

Sue & Chris's Blog

Post by chrismooney »

For everyone who would like to follow our Australian adventure this is the link to our Blog http://laconfianceontour.blogspot.com/
we'll be updating in Internet Cafes so may or may not be able to download photographs/
chef who will try anything!!
enid

Post by enid »

Chris I clicked on the link but it tells me I have not been invited!
Stu

Post by Stu »

Yep! Same here Chris.
Garri

Post by Garri »

I don't really see it as a marketing tool for the business though perhaps I should
Like you say though, you started your blog as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends but there's a myriad of reasons for running a blog, marketing being one of the most popular, as Margaret illustrates.

I'm working on a project that allows owners to update a specific website, automatically via RSS, by simply posting on their blog.

Why log in to a different website to update it when you can have that specific data pulled in from your blog?

Just another example of the power of blogging ;-)
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

Are any of you guys signed up with blogburst.com?

Can't remember how I came across them but what they do is effectively trawl your blog and submit it to the likes of Reuters and various news type outlets like that.

I'm sure that there must be a way of making money via it as it's been pulling in about half a million readers per week for my humble efforts (I'm sure that's a very misleading statistic!). One would have thought that with that kind of readership (which I assume is achieveable by anyone if I can do it) there'd be bookings to be had via that particularly if you attract Americans/Canadians (most of the publications are from the US).

Click-through is usually tiny but can be improved upon if you word your blog posts appropriately (it needs a little experimentation to get the right formula). Readership can also be improved on drastically: some experimental posts I've done have shot one blog up to number 60 in the overall ranking.

Arnold
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

it's been pulling in about half a million readers per week

:lol:

MG

(just jealous, but seriously? If so, I'll give up)
Stu

Post by Stu »

Mountain Goat wrote:it's been pulling in about half a million readers per week

:lol:

MG

(just jealous, but seriously? If so, I'll give up)
Obviously has a 'Page 3' then...... :lol:
Travelmad

Post by Travelmad »

I have a new Search Engine Optimization Advice Blog may help some of you out with some tips.
I like to Travel, but im only a little mad. :)
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

i've just started my blog. it's going to be about the renovations to our holiday cottage but also our trips around donegal, photographs and info on the area, and any other bits and pieces along the way - like spotting a school of dolphins off the donegal coast yesterday, which was amazing!

i was so nervous starting it but it is quite fun once you get the hang of posting and adding the pics - although i have changed the template umpteen times since i've started but i think i am happy with the one i have now. but who knows? :) anyway, this is blog if anyone wants to look.

www.daisycottagedonegal.blogspot.com

catherine
enid

Post by enid »

I think your blog looks great and reads well. You've sold Donegal to me - fancy a house swap? :D
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

thanks enid. was it the dolphins or the fresh fish and chips? :D i'd love to house swap with you. but i think you might want to wait until our house is habital.

it's weird doing the blog. we live here but we don't spend time noticing things. now i am preparing an info book on the area and doing the blog my eyes are opening to all the things around me that i take for granted. so it will probably be a good thing.
ravetildon
Location: I love Travel! - We Are Based Around San Francisco, California

my blog

Post by ravetildon »

A bit new & haven't had time to work on it as of yet...

vacation-rental-wonderland.com/owner-advice/
Mamacats

Post by Mamacats »

Like catherinedonegal I started a blog to draw interest to our new adventure.
No website yet but when the apartment is ready to rent we will link the two beside my cattery website………

Thanks for all the help and advice!
Here is my blog simple but hopefully will develop into a lovely place to visit. http://www.seabreezestudio.blog.com/

I am not sure if it is alright to post a non-related web site but I am sure Paolo will let me know if I have gone astray……….
This is the address to our cattery website, I love and breed Ragdoll cats and if you would like to know more about them
or just enjoy beautiful photos of my cats why not have a peek……….. http://www.dianespride.com
Sincerely, Mamacats
Thimble collector and Ragdoll breeder
DrRichard

Post by DrRichard »

Hi Guys

Here's my blog about building Outstanding Websites. I've applied all of these techniques and ideas to my vacation rental sites

Happy reading!
Dr. Richard
Sallys Chateau

Post by Sallys Chateau »

Lots of lovely new blogs to visit I see, and don't forget to add a comment when you read a blog as people can click onto your name and come and visit you. Good idea to join a blogging circle too and add an interesting picture with links to your website.