Very Very last minute booking ?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
charliechoice

Very Very last minute booking ?

Post by charliechoice »

We have a booking for the 9th September, which is only two days away. As we don't have facilities to receive payment by credit card/pay pal etc how would you advise us to take payment. We are on the villarenters website, and i believe there is a facility on there for us to take our own customers bookings, if anyone has ever used this method I would be most grateful if you could explain how it works.

many thanks Phil.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You only need an email address to take Paypal. Depending on the amount involved you can set up an account very quickly, although you will then have to wait to have your account verified before you can withdraw the money. I haven't used the Villarenters method, but I suppose as it is last minute my argument for not doing so is not relevant, as they ahng on to your money until afte the holiday.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I had a last minute booking a few weeks ago. I have a Nationwide account and I asked the man to take cash from his account and go into a Nationwide Building Society and pay the cash in to my account. It was instant. :D
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Deposit account, pre-drained of funds, recommended.

Or cash payment to caretaker / tourist office / bank / travel agency?

Alifrank - we've got a dormant NationWide account somewhere. How instant was instant or was it really instant?

MG
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

When people pay into a branch like this do you know for sure it is cash that has been paid in, and not a cheque? Just wondered for ourselves for the future.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I suposse it will show as you 'cleared balance' on your balance enwuiry or online banking, I know when I pay a cheque in myself there is a difference between the amount in the account, and the amount available. If you pay in cash it should be available immediately.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Cash deposit into your bank account
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I did this yesterday from someone from Ireland ( I am in the UK) and they paid cash to my keyholder on arrival (in spain)

Cash into a bank account shows as that and as cleared funds
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

cash deposits into business accounts can lead to high charges tho :(
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Marks

Post by Marks »

A small charge for a cash deposit for a last minute booking is neither here nor there. I'd rather that than have an empty week or two :)
Angel

Post by Angel »

I'm confused, Phil. The main USP of Villarenters is the fact that owners can offer payment by credit/debit card.

I don't accept any other payment method.
charliechoice

Post by charliechoice »

Hi Angel,
as you are aware if you supply your own bookings, villarenters only charge 2% commission as opposed to 10% if they create a booking. To be honest villarenters have produced very few bookings, however the facility to use their payment by credit card could be very useful, especially for last minute bookings, it's just a case of never having used this facility and I just wandered if it is straight forward to do so.
Many thanks Phil.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Ah... ok. What you need to do is get your own link to the booking system which you can give to your clients. They can then book as normal using credit/debit card. It's the reference in the link that shows it is your own booking and not VR.

Go to your property on rentalsystems, click on Marketing and choose "obtain link and code to your calendar".

HTH
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Mountain Goat wrote: Alifrank - we've got a dormant NationWide account somewhere. How instant was instant or was it really instant?

MG
It really does mean instant! If I pay cash or a cheque into my Nationwide account it shows up immediately on the internet but of course a cheque doesn't show in the cleared balance as the cash does.

It also works with a transfer between Nationwide accounts. I transferred money from one account to the another last Saturday morning via the internet and then went straight to my local ATM to check and the transfer showed in the balance.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Sorry MG, I must have missed your post, but pleased LaLuz answered your question.