Infinity pools

For anything to do with the garden and pool
fibi

Post by fibi »

Pool with water cascading over would equal water slide to my 4 kids :lol: :lol:

The green wrought iron sounds a very good idea- safe but would blend in more. I can see why the white ballastrades would annoy especially in the sun when they are gleaming 8)

The view is absolutely to die for though- lucky you white ballastardes or not!

Oh and welcome BTW look forward to seeing you around.
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

A bit rough, but hows this ?

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Welcome from me too. Your pool is absolutely gorgeous, and I personally don't mind the balustrades at all.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are raisin beds?

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Ju

Post by Ju »

fibi wrote:Pool with water cascading over would equal water slide to my 4 kids :lol: :lol:
Mine too!! :lol:

Welcome Bob

I think your pool looks great and if it were me I would be spend my money elsewhere rather than on an infinity pool. If you are looking for the rental market the money you spend on converting the pool will not repay in bookings IMHO. The pool as it is will sell your place. If you were putting in a new pool it might be worth considering, but I wouldn't spend money refitting such a great pool.

Ju
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Bob your pool is stunning what a view I can see why you want to see all off it. Would it be possible to have less off a drop by building it up someway.

Welcome from me too, if you get as much help as I did/do on here...........your on to a winner.

Helen
enid

Post by enid »

Wow e richard that looks great
bob_day

Post by bob_day »

[quote="e-richard"]A bit rough, but hows this ?

Rough my ass that looks really cool. Thanks. I'm going to print that off and show it to our property managers next weekend. He has a pretty good handle on the local suppliers and craftsman and may be able to source some wrought iron work. That could go around two sides of the pool and we can then get rid of the redundant pool blanket roller, which is currently preventing people falling over another 10ft drop at the end of the pool.

Raisin beds, well apparently when the grapes are ready they are picked, laid out in these beds to dry in the sun and they turn into raisins. Or so I'm told. Bit of a show stopper for us it that we have no vines. Well apart from the huge one growing over the pergola, but that doesn't have grapes so it doesn't count.
gh

Post by gh »

Raisin beds, well apparently when the grapes are ready they are picked, laid out in these beds to dry in the sun and they turn into raisins.
Raisins - well necessary for a fruit cake I suppose. :roll:

Looks like you have a plan then.

Helen