Slippery Pool Surround Tiles

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Foxandsot

Slippery Pool Surround Tiles

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

I've had a couple of comments from guests that the tiles around the pool are slippery when wet! I have looked into non-slip paint but it seems that they are for more industrial settings! My OH did see something that is supposed to take the glaze off of tiles but think that might make the tiles look a bit manky!!

Anyone got any ideas on how to make it less slippery or should I just put up a sign saying "be careful"!!

Mx
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Foxy - Are you saying your builders have put glazed tiles round the pool? That sounds quite dangerous.

I may be wrong - but all the poolside tiles I've seen here or on holiday are unglazed. Or they're like bathroom floor tiles - where they have a slightly ridged feel that will grip wet feet.

I'm sure other will advise their take on this - but you may want to take it up with your builders (as I recall your place is quite new)...with children especially, it could be quite dangerous.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Interesting point! all the tiles round here are unglazed and even then we paid extra for some special non slip type ! They look fab though , not dull at all, sort of Roman looking and classy :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I replaced all our pool tiles, which were slippery with proper pool tiles. They cost a fortune, but are very good quality. It isn't worth having cheap tiles, it is very dangerous. And impossible to stop children running around, no matter how many warning notices you put up.
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

The tiles are not interior tiles, they have an uneven surface and are not super shiny. When we chose the tiles, I thought I was choosing for the verandas only, didn't even think about what was going around the pool :shock: . When we were over there last week, I did make my 2 yr old wear jelly shoes as she doesn't understand "don't run!", so it is a bit of a problem considering we profess to be child friendly!! :oops:

LV - Where would I find pool tiles?

Mx
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

We got ours through our builders merchants, but they were about 38€ m2 :shock: we got a 10% discount, but even so....still it is cheaper than a lawsuit.