Rather early arrivals

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I got the dates wrong this week. Luckily it was a friend of ours staying. It was only by chance that my hubby (whose pal he is) rang me at work and said ' well, they'll be on the plane now'... and I thought... uh-oh, thought it was tomorrow...

I'd written it down as the next day and told our manager it was the next day. But in the dim and distant past I do remember other half asking if the house was free for the day before and I'd said yes but forgotten to alter any of my paperwork.

There hadn't been anyone at the house that week prior so I rang our manager and said, don't suppose you've done the house prep today have you... unfortunately he hadn't and it was planned for the next day.

So neither of ours were guests getting it wrong, it was me both times. Must try harder..

so I had to text our friend and say, sorry, I've made a cock up and you'll have to make the beds up yourselves .. and the house prep cleaning is being done tomorrow... he was lovely about it and said don't worry about it. So that one was my fault but luckily our friend is really lovely and didn't mind. But if it had been a proper guest.... ooh -er....

and last month I nearly forgot a guest and was going to book the week for us. I hadnt put it on my calendar at all. It was only when the guest emailed me to ask when the balance was due that I realised. Lucky escape! We were just about to book our flights.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oops Nightie, maybe you can put it down to a combination of not yet being used to living as a 'day bird', the sucess of your new venture and too many changeovers :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm