Metcheck ads

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Exactly, I don't understand that at all.

Even if they employed some poor bloke to tap on our ads, they would show through on our ads.

Complete mystery, unless, and it's the only explanation that I can see, their stats are completely meaningless.

I could click 10 times on yours if you click 10 times on mine....8)

MG
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I tried them out in September and October - a bit early in the season, I know, but I thought it would give an indication. When the number of hits declined and then sat on zero for nearly a week, I pulled out. I also tried several different variations of the ad in that time, in case it was mainly the same people clicking on and they got used to seeing it.
I couldn't see any clicks on our own counter (we use thecounter.com) but I know it isn't 100% accurate.
Perhaps the problem is at Metcheck's end but unless they can prove from their end that they are generating the traffic, I am not going to go back.
Incidentally, when I cancelled, they withdrew the ad immediately, which is good service, but since the payment for that month was taken on 12th October and they withdrew my ad on 3rd November, they could have shortchanged me!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's interesting, Margaret.

Maybe a joint complaint would generate a joint refund? I'm really p*****off as I thought it was a really good way of hitting our specific market.

MG
Martha

Post by Martha »

I'm cancelling mine, it only sends one or two clicks a day to the site. I can see them both in Google Analytics and Statcounter, which is where I check them. A quick look at Metcheck's panel shows that their stats agree with mine...

So just to clarify - your Metcheck admin panel says there have been plenty of clickthroughs, but Google Analytics isn't picking them up? That's very weird...
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Firebug, hi

Interesting to hear your experience. I know stat counters are not 100%, and they vary depending on what sort of site they are stuck in. BTW, are you feeding through to a WordPress site?

Helen/Margaret, is that to your WP site?

I'm en route to Switzerland over the next couple of days (BTW - how's the snow your end?), but I'll go through the 3 sets of stats and double-check everything before going to beat up Metcheck.

On an initial check, and while I'm steamed up about it and biased, my Google and WP stats only show 99% my own clicks, which has no correlation with my Metcheck stats. And yes, I can see the difference between page views and click-throughs.

MG
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Not to Wordpress, no. To our normal site (whatever you techies would call that!).

It's snowing hard here - just as well as the last week of fairly fine, not too cold weather was not very helpful. Due to snow until Tuesday I think and then lots more next weekend.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MG, no, my ad links to my 'chamoissiere.co.uk' website.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had already decided to cancel after this month anyway, not much point in advertising a ski apartment which is all but fully booked.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I cancelled my ad in November,but for any of you still advertising on there, they are having problems and the whole site is not currently available to non-paying visitors.
metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/index_ht.asp
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

COnsidering my advertising options for next winter, and I have thought of a problem with advertising on Metcheck, and it is that unless you have late availability, it is virtually useless, as skiers don't start looking at the current weather and snow reports until after they have booked their holiday, unless they are booking late and looking for good snow.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If anyone was trying to contact Metcheck again about advertising it seems there is a bit of a problem. http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/year ... ticle.html
not pretty reading though.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Not a pleasant story, I agree, but what's it got to do with Metcheck?

MG