Swimming pool liner - how does the guarantee work??

For anything to do with the garden and pool
la vache!

Swimming pool liner - how does the guarantee work??

Post by la vache! »

Can anyone hlp with this??Our pool started to lose more than the normal amount of water last September - it is nearly empty now! We know that the filtration is all OK, it seems to be a problem with either the liner or the basin. Desjoyaux (the supplier) have come out to see the problem and there is no obvious hole in the liner, but they have said that the only thing to do is to replace the liner (which is a lot of money!). I asked them about the 10 year guarantee (the pool was installed in 2000) and they replied that the only guarantee for the liner is if there is a problem with the soldering, which apparently there isn't. :shock:
Of course they don't want to pay out, I just wondered if anyone knew of any similar incidences and if I should argue the case with the supplier. After the expense of conforming to the new swimming pool regs in France last year, I could do with out this!!

Susan
Ju

Post by Ju »

I've never read our guarantee carefully so I'm not sure.

My gut feel says that if there is no obvious hole in the liner then they should honour the guanantee.

The trouble is I suppose that getting the liner out may casue a hole anyway in which case how do you prove who caused the hole.

Sorry I can't offer more advice. Let us know how it goes I would be interested to hear.

Ju