Dial up test please for our site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Lee

Dial up test please for our site

Post by Lee »

Hi

Have had the site (new site) analyzed for speed checks but would prefer an actual dial up test so....
If anyone has dial up let us know if its worth keeping the site in the same format.

I have decided to have the whole site uploaded in one go (all images, text etc) so obviously this will take longer to load than having a 5 pages site but always like trying different layouts and designs.

So, does the site take too long to load, do you lose interest and decide to close the page, or any other views appreciated.

Cheers

please click the www link below
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I can't help with dial up, but the 'P' and the 'G' of the title as you look at the page are missing on the rather strange raggedy edge.
Lee

Post by Lee »

thanks, did some last minute messing last night, be right onto it
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Accents? Apostrophes? Punctuation? Run it through a spell checker?

MG
Lee

Post by Lee »

updated, I'll leave the accents for now, can't see where it needs apostrophes.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

There are some capital letters missing - did you want a review of the site? The accommodation page photos are all different sizes and some have blurred borders, some don't, which makes the site look very amateurish, sorry if you did it yourself, but it looks very homemade! Also some of the photos could do with editing, they don't make your property look as inviting as I'm sure it is.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Capital letters, where? I only see dvds. Didn't realise it was an exam.

Looks homemade, well, it is, I did it at home.
I wasn't complaining of your comments so why the did you want a review of the site?.

We are currently using the property and only have these images for now but they will get better plus I think the pics (or should that be pictures) of the rooms are fine.
I just wanted the site a little different, not run o' the mill like yours is (La Vache), no offense.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I couldn't see any internal photos. The shots of places to visit were nice but, to be honest, it did not inspire me to consider booking, or even to try to find more information, which presumably is your objective?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Lee wrote:Hi

Have had the site (new site) analyzed for speed checks but would prefer an actual dial up test so....
If anyone has dial up let us know if its worth keeping the site in the same format.
I can switch to dial-up instead of broadband any time I like but in your case I am not going to. Sorry but your site is sufficiently slow on broadband to tell me that it would be unacceptably slow in dial-up mode and I’m not inclined to pay the dial-up telephone bill to confirm my suspicions.
I just wanted the site a little different, not run o' the mill like yours is (La Vache), no offense.
I think you are right in aiming to be a little different but for me you have missed your target – no offence because the basics are there.

Alan
Lee

Post by Lee »

I can switch to dial-up instead of broadband any time I like but in your case I am not going to.

Whats all that about?

Blimey, have I caught a few of you on a bad day?
Last edited by Lee on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Lee wrote:
We are currently using the property and only have these images for now but they will get better plus I think the pics (or should that be pictures) of the rooms are fine.
Unattractively different at the moment, unfortunately.
I know you didn't want a review (so why did you post in the review section of this forum?) but thought that you might be interested to know that in Firefox your enquiry box is completely of the main site bit on the border BTW, shouldn't your website designer Chezshells have checked that?
None of your links to the rental listing sites show properly either, although maybe that is your aim, but it does look odd.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Don't mind a review, glad you didn't see the french version I had been using in the summer, it worked though.
I will sort out the pics as time goes on.
I'll also give Chez Shells a good kickin' as well ;), doesn't show up properly in Firefox, oh my god!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Lee,
Whats all that about?

Blimey, have I caught a few of you on a bad day?
Well if you have, count me in.[and it takes a lot to annoy me].

If you take the trouble to look through some of the posts on this forum, especially the review site. You will see the people on this Forum,are a VERY helpful bunch and give freely of their time, to help people who ask.
I find your attitude to say the least as rude.

Id hate to meet you when you intended to be offensive!
LV's Website is very successful,which is born out in the amount of bookings she gets.
[which I think is one of the most important aims surely]
As she was trying to help, I do think you could have been more grateful!!
I cant say what your website is like because I dont intend to look at it.
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Lee wrote:Don't mind a review, glad you didn't see the french version I had been using in the summer, it worked though.
I will sort out the pics as time goes on.
I'll also give Chez Shells a good kickin' as well ;), doesn't show up properly in Firefox, oh my god!
I'm confused as to whether you did the site yourself, or Chezshells did, but I'd be asking for a refund if someone had designed that for me :wink:
Lee

Post by Lee »

Thread closed.

Don't know why I bothered.