Dial up test please for our site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Couldn't you think of another name, for example, 'Hibou Cottage' or 'Hortensia Cottage' (or is that just too twee??)
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Amazing how this website has elicited such emotional response. Probably got a lot to do with the friendly and prompt way Lee has been responding.

At the minor risk of going off topic:
La Vache wrote:... the field for name is yellow in IE and white in FF.
LV, I suspect this is because you have Google Autofill in IE and not in FF. I think you'll see the same differences appear in your own website enquiry form :wink:

Yet another variation that webdesigners need to test for :cry:
Lee

Post by Lee »

La Vache wrote:Couldn't you think of another name, for example, 'Hibou Cottage' or 'Hortensia Cottage' (or is that just too twee??)
Unless the property had that name address wise, I'm not into that but I'm scratching my head as to what to put in there.
It's a good job it isn't a big house - Massif Maison!!! you'll all be doin' yer nut.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It doesn't have to have that name on the address, it is purely for marketing purposes! Have you got anything, animals, flowers, etc. that you can associate with the house? I renamed my cottages as soon as I moved here (previously they were called Gite 1, Gite 2 and Farmhouse) and I'm sure that part of the increase in bookings was due to the fact the cottages had more of an identity marketing wise.
Lee

Post by Lee »

La Vache wrote:It doesn't have to have that name on the address, it is purely for marketing purposes! Have you got anything, animals, flowers, etc. that you can associate with the house? I renamed my cottages as soon as I moved here (previously they were called Gite 1, Gite 2 and Farmhouse) and I'm sure that part of the increase in bookings was due to the fact the cottages had more of an identity marketing wise.
Have to get our thinking caps on.
Can see it when you have several gites together, this is not part of our home, the postie asked me where I lived and I pointed to the property and she replied ah Volets bleu or something like that so I'll do something along them lines, cheers, another job done (ish)
Now my calendars goosed!!!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Lee,

I am so pleased that you decided to stay with us.

In response to various comments you are very rapidly making changes to your site but in doing so you might be in danger of losing sight of something.

Very early on you said “I just wanted the site a little different, not run o' the mill�. If I were you I would always keep that thought in mind.

Alan
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Lee.

Im glad you stayed too, as you see we they are a helpful lot.
As others have said your site looks really good[especially coming from me whose hasnt got round to having one] :roll:

Take Carexx
Windy

Post by Windy »

I remember in Dallas, years ago, they used to go to a club called "La Mirage" - that used to wind me up soooo much!!!!
I thought I was the only person sad enough to get twitchy about that :lol: (memories of learning French gender exceptions at school - la plage etc)

I like the site - I am sure that giving it a NAME is really important though - we are all selling dreams not rooms and also it gives you a potential leg up in the google search if you use something local in the name - but I think "Les Volets Bleus" would be a lovely name and would give you an opportunity for a great intro picture. Someone else obviously agrees :lol: http://www.guideweb.com/provence/chambr ... ndexa.html

Best wishes

John
Lee

Post by Lee »

Cheers John

The property is only small and doesn't take good pics (I know I didn't either), I can't get a good picture of it, the best one is from the pool but that needs doing again at some point, its a tight area to get some decent view of the house, i'll get there, anyway, its cheap, has a pool and its in a good location so hopefully that will do the biz.

Nice site John as well (Les Volets Bleus) good pics.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

On the subject of mis-spellings and related, there is a UK owned website called 'Papillon Properties', listing homes for sale in France, which for at least a couple of years after its inception advertised itself as 'Papillion Properties'. Lost rather a lot of credibility I suspect until they realised their error! (Hope they're not members here ...)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be