Horror guests..

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Sue Dyer

Horror guests..

Post by Sue Dyer »

Last quiet season (Nov/Dec) I had the brainwave of putting weeks and weekends in my cottage on ebay as a "buy it now" instead of auction. One family came and they were no problem. However, a couple from Glasgow (I don't intend this to be racist or sterotypical in any way) rang and were asking how many pubs were in the village, what times they closed etc. Alarm bells should have rang but they'd already bought on ebay and I considered this a binding contract.

When we went to clean the cottage out the place was really filthy, even after a weekend. Greasy benches, unwashed dishes, half a meal left in the oven... Worse though was the other half of the meal was spilt on the sofa which was only around 6 months old. The meal had been chilli or something similiar with that very bright red, greasy sauce... which was also on the bedding and throws,carpet. Oh, they'd used the double bed and the single too.. I found out why...

Next time I went into the local pub everyone was asking about our last guests.. Seems they'd has a skinful and were so troublesome were thrown out of the pub..!!! One of the near neighbours also told us that they passed the cottage at 1.30 am and despite the 2 foot thick stone walls could still hear the screaming arguement in progress - hence the using both beds!!! (I don't make them all up now)

I imagine you can get good and bad from anywhere but it put me off using ebay anymore - has anyone else used it?
paolo

Post by paolo »

The meal had been chilli or something similiar with that very bright red, greasy sauce
Maybe chicken tikka masala?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

Ghastly guests aside :o :shock: , how did you find the costs of selling on eBay?
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302