rankings

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
roxytoo

rankings

Post by roxytoo »

I know this is a really BIG subject but ............

I was thrilled to discover I am No 1 on msn seacrch (have been for a week) but have had no enquiries whatsoever, broadly speaking what do fellow people think this means, I haven't had the hits really so does this mean my keywords are no use?? (I used holiday rental torrevieja) also at 1.15 today I was no 8 on Yahoo search but now nowhere to be seen!!!! (Also nowhere to be seen in google!!)

any ideas of how it all works???
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Firstly, congratulations for reaching No.1 - it must be a very satisfying return on your efforts.

You will not be getting any enquiries for a number of reasons:-

1. Nobody is searching for your keyword phrase (holiday rental torrevieja).
2. Nobody is searching at this time of the year (or during the last week anyway!).
3. People are searching but for whatever reason are not compelled enough to send an enquiry. Maybe wrong area, price too high, no availability etc).

Do you have access to the raw log files to see if people are actually looking at your site? Your host will be able to advise if you have access?

I guess more people would search for holiday rental spain and if you could achieve no.1 then you would probably be flooded with more enquiries than you could cope with. Suppose you would be happy with 52 bookings per year though?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

I have been number 1 on Yahoo and MSN for my search: eagle crest vacation rental for a couple of weeks and haven't really seen any hits from it (although I am burried down a couple of pages on Google). When I check my logs I rarely see this phrase come up under the search log. I am also tops for a few others so I am not putting all my eggs in 1 basket.

This is why I posted my feelings about SEO for my case. I of course am being very impatient here :lol: and agree with reddevil that many of those reasons are right on. In my case I am thinking that people are not searching yet or now because I can read my logs and haven't seen my successful site finds on search.

My personal blog on the other hand is burried in almost all of the searches but I see quite a bit of traffic from a variety of search phrases according to the logs. It is just how bad people want to find their information on how much they will sift through to find it.

I know it is a long term battle but "Show me the Money"
:roll: