Villerenters.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Have to say I am very disapointed with the recent changes. Yes you can now take payment yourself and avoid comission charges totally for your own bookings but the process is extremely confusing to the guests.

It has been introduced purely I think to stop owners requesting their money early. In the old system you could request early but pay an extra 1% fee. Now there is no early payment and you only get paid after the booking has completed which could be a year ahead. To use their manual system still involves the renter paying a small deposit by credit card and you then have to contact them and advise them how to pay the rest of balance. Why! It should be one way or the other pure and simple.

In my view Villa renters are very inflexible and are not that interesed in what their customers want but more so in making money. Yes I liked the system in the beginning but now I am not impressed at all.
Always Learning
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Presumably if it could take a year to get paid the company could sink into oblivion and you'd never see your money?
mvus

Post by mvus »

Crystal wrote:As the saying 'To each his own' but I personally prefer to be in control of who I accept bookings from.
It's also easy to take credit card payments these days from paypal even if the client doesn't have an account and split the 3.5% charge with them. You can split the payment into stages (deposit etc) if it exceeds the limit
Nikos

Post by Nikos »

I'm really happy with Villarenters. They take away all the strain of the booking process but still leave the final decision with the owner. The commision model is fair and if you find the booking through your own site, but still use their booking system, then you don't have to pay any commision at all! Using their calendar is no hardship either - it integrates directly into your own site.

I've only had a couple of bookings this year but I think bookings are down in Turkey generally.

Nick
A-two

Post by A-two »

Hanorah wrote:Now there is no early payment and you only get paid after the booking has completed which could be a year ahead.
Did you ask them why they introduced this policy and when they themselves take the money for the booking? They may not have changed their policy voluntarily, rather forced into it. Some banks insist that advance rent is put into escrow until the rental has taken place. They may have decided the safest option is to hold the rent in escrow themselves. If so, where is the bank interest going? I'm guessing, but if anyone finds out more, I would be very interested to know.