scam??

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
roxytoo

scam??

Post by roxytoo »

waddya think?

Calvary greeting to you,
A client of mine is sending his just wedded pastor
and wife with 2 kids of age 14(twins)on a honey moon trip
in country starting from the 2nd week of april to third
week of may and asked me to check an availability of your
family suit or 2 rooms.Please do get back to me with the
total cost of this stay with discount,if will be available
for this period.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hehe , Charente Maritime greeting you!! You have a house to rent don't you? Not 2 rooms? You could always send back a polite reply just in case but no personal details!!!! Sounds like a scamlet at the moment!!!!See how it develops. :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I'm always suspicious of third-party inquiries, but I'd go along with it for now just to see where it goes. Instincts are often right, though, so be careful!
Brooke
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I got this sick one through last week - the Australia???
Hi,i'm TESSY JOHNSON i'm based here in the Australia.I am a widow with kids.I recently lost my husband and my first son to death in tsunami disaster couple of months ago during his business project in indonesia and i have been in shock since the incident,I am pregnant and following obstetricians advice that it would be most helpful that i change my immediate enviroment because of my pregnancy as this would go a long way to speed up my recovery from my grief... so I have decided to relocate to UK while surfing the net,.I am very interested in your place and as a matter of urgency I would love to move in by the 2nd weeek in april for 2 weeks before i would acquire my own apartment later.It would be most welcome if you'd reply me stating your accepted conditions of payment,

I didn't reply!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah yes, I got that one too!
Brooke
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Can you imagine giving that level of detail everytime you want to buy something?

You go into the shop for a KitKat and say. "Hello, I was traumatised by a clown when I was 4, I've just lost my job and my husband has left me, I don't know where I'm going to live but I am buying this chocolate on behalf of my widowed mother...." :lol: Like they'd care!!
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

Wow I had NO idea about all of these scams in Vacation (Holiday) Rental reservations! I will really be on the lookout. I did get one suspicious email from somebody in Taiwan who wanted to rent for a month or so.

Do you know if this kind of stuff is mostly with European Villa Rentals etc or with US inquiries too?
paolo

Post by paolo »

soodyer wrote:You go into the shop for a KitKat and say. "Hello, I was traumatised by a clown when I was 4, I've just lost my job and my husband has left me, I don't know where I'm going to live but I am buying this chocolate on behalf of my widowed mother...."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you know if this kind of stuff is mostly with European Villa Rentals etc or with US inquiries too?
It's most definitely US too, and probably more so.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
paolo

Post by paolo »

Meishka,

That's so dodgy it should come in a tin marked 'SCAM'.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

yes thought so too so have sent an email back with a really really ridiculous rental price (£2000 !) lets see what he says!!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

here is his reply!!

Thanks for getting back to me and that date is okay by mine
client.The reservation is meant for a pastor and his family
that reside in murcia spain 32000,but the trip will be
sponsored by my client.he is sending a fund that will
carries the whole rent charges and my own payment as an
agent note this funds will get to you days even before
thier arrival.So get back with the total amount and also
get back with your full name and address for my client to
issue the payment in your name.Please do get back to me
immediately if you are willing to help out. Looking forward
to hear from you.
Regards

N.B Get back with the total amount in Dollars
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Yeah, I'm more and more convinced this is a scam... although I was already.

It's a bit hazy, but it sounds like the offer is to send you a check for more than the rental price, the classic scam.

If you want to keep it up, you could always say that to the price in U.S. dollars you would have to add a currency conversion fee (a really hefty one) or something, and that there will be no refunds issued once you receive the check.

But I'd probably just drop it, or maybe hand it off to Paul, who loves this stuff...
Brooke
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Back from sunny Spain..........had a great time cleaning the place from top to bottom.............did manage to get a tan though!!

Had a email saying £5000 cheque is being posted to me this week, anyone know what I could politely do with it?? Are there are fraud squads who will be interested or shall I just bin it?? :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Meishka,

It would be interesting to know what response you got from the police if you were to report an apparent attempt at fraud.

It would be equally interesting to know the eventual outcome, if any.

Alan
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I now have a cheque for 5500 dollars, (course the rental was for 2nd week april so god knows where he thinks he is!!) I have an address for Laguna Beach. Does anyone know where I can report /send it to?