scam??

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

If the police can't help you, you may find that your bank is interested. I worked for many years in UK bank and we had a large fraud department who were quite keen on picking up on this sort of thing. It might be worth a try.

C-A
paolo

Post by paolo »

meishka wrote:I now have a cheque for 5500 dollars, (course the rental was for 2nd week april so god knows where he thinks he is!!) I have an address for Laguna Beach. Does anyone know where I can report /send it to?
You could change the name on the cheque, use it to book a rental which costs much less than that, saying you are a model on assignment, and ask for the difference to be sent to you immediately. :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

You should say you never received the check and make them send a new one!
Brooke
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

I would just send the entire check to the Laguna Beach address and as THEM to send you the "extra" to cover your rental. Why can't the other people ever cash the check and then send US the correct amount Tell them that the rental will not be booked until you hear from the other party. 8)