Sun-Sun Enquiry. would you take it?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Musetta

Sun-Sun Enquiry. would you take it?

Post by Musetta »

what do you think? I only have two weeks booked in Aug. so far...but I know it's still early...this one is for 20 Jul 2008 and leaving on 27 Jul 2008 - Sunday :-( (I asked to make sure it wasn't an error...they want Sunday-Sun.) I would like to have Sat.-Sat. in the summer sos I don't have empty weeks...but really hard to turn something down that could be booked now!

Have you taken flex. dates before? glad you did? sorry you did?

Thanks for the opinions!!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Don't do it yet! Maybe in June, but it's only January, you'll get the end July/August booked no problem.
Promise :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I always take flexible bookings during the summer,except for August, but then it isn't my peak season. I will set my weekly changeover date for Summer according to the first booking. When people fly or drive over using the no-frills airlines, they don't mind starting their hols a day early or later.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

ah. that makes sense. I already have the first two weeks in Aug. booked Sat.-Sat. so the Sun-Sun. in July could realaly mess me up (it's my high season)...think I will need to be strong on this one and say no ;-( will run it by my husband and see if he's ok with that too (he's getting nervous about summer bookings alread since it's oour first full season!)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Stick to your guns, Take charge, and find them somewhere nice for the night you can't do.........pro active etc.
Cheers
PC
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Musetta - don't panic! It's still VERY early days!!!! I'm still holding back all my July/August dates whilst we make up our minds when we are going to use the house ourselves, because I know that I will get them booked even if I don't "release" them until March/April.

In the meantime, why don't you do what I do when people ask for funny dates - suggest to them that they arrive on the Sunday, but go somewhere else for the following saturday? I did that to some people recently - suggested they spend a night in Paris - and they've ended up booking a further 3 nights at Greenfrog's "romantic montmartre apartment", so we're both happy bunnies (or should that be frogs and cows? :wink: :lol: )
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

yes...went ahead and did that...suggested they spend their last night in Rome or Naples...so we'll see! (husband is not happy with me for not just saying yes...so crossing my fingers that, in the end, I don't end up with an empty July calendar!)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Musetta wrote:husband is not happy with me for not just saying yes
Tell your hubby NC says not to be such a cowardy custard!!! Where's his bottle???? :lol:
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

hahahahaha ;-) he really has no say anyway.
he only looked at our WEBSITE that's been up for I don't know how many months now a few weeks ago!!!! (and had to phone me from work becasue he couldn't remember the address *laugh* 100+ people a day find my wordpress blog...and my husband can't manage!) I don't thinkk he's looked at our listing sites either *laugh* so really...your opinion counts more than his :-)!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

SOunds a bit like my hubby, he only realised we had the wordpress site on SUnday. :roll:
paolo

Post by paolo »

Don't take it, offer Sun-Sat at full rate and suggest some local B&Bs/hotels for their last night.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
tansy

Post by tansy »

an old hand here - Saturday - Saturday ... I've even got someone saying to me they want Sunday - Sunday and if I can't do it this year then they will book it 2009... so I have said ...no.

It's not what folk want - I have tried every way possible to change changeover days - but the rule seems to be Saturday - Saturday - prove me wrong - please...
it's all a learning curve!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I do Sun-Sun all ski season, doesn't seem to bother anyone. I prefer it as we sometimes need to work on Sat, then can get there on Sunday instead.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There's such a massive difference in air fares to Geneva (for instance) in the ski season, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, that we're reasonably flexible, and find that punters appreciate it.

It's not uncommon for one-way between London and Geneva to be £300 plus on Saturday/Sunday and £35 (like we picked up today) on a Monday.

For a family group of 8, say, the difference in airfares for non-peak days could double (or halve) the cost of their holiday.

Sure, we get some gaps, but it's great for the cleaners who don't want to work every weekend, and useful for maintenance access.

MG
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Musetta,

I wouldn't take it at this early stage. I'd also offer Sun to Sat and hope they accept that. Betcha they will - fingers crossed.

RR