Please take a minute ot two to review my website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Jaya Patel

Please take a minute ot two to review my website

Post by Jaya Patel »

Hi, any comments on my website greatly appreciated not very good with this kind of stuff

www.freewebs.com/spainrental

thanks
MAD WOMAN
Richard D

Post by Richard D »

Hi Jaya,

Looks good to me on a first glance. Nice big photos, clear prices etc.
Couple of minor points:

It's usually a good idea to show the location (for those holidaymakers who may not have a detailed knowledge of the Costa Blanca) near the top of the text, ie. maybe just move the very last sentence of your homepage text up to just below the introduction. You can probably get away with a slightly bigger introduction.
As long as peple can see that there are photos on the hompage, they'll scroll down. It' a shame that the google ads are right at the top. I don't carry ads so I don't know anything about the mechanics but can you move them to the bottom ?

Also in order to get some Search Engine success you'll need to edit your html header a bit ( like choose some keywords for your site and then maybe add a meta description and modify the title acordingly).
enid

Post by enid »

Nice and clean. Colours easy on the eye and descriptions concise yet detailed.Is it possible to take a photo of the pool that shows less of all the other apartments? - also Iwoukld dress the table on the balcony - a bottle of the local wine and some place settings perhaps? But all in all for me it does the job it needs to do - well done and good luck with your bookings.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

First impressions look good but it took a bit of searching to actually find where in Spain the place was. The apartment looks really nice and the photos are crisp and clean.
Some technical issues:
On the prices page the table doesn't line up which looks bad. I also see a button at the bottom of this page that says "Add New Paragraph"
On the Area page all the text looks like it's been marked with blue highlighter. Is this intentional?
Most of the photos are of a higher resolution than you are actually displaying which means it takes longer to load than need be.
The link to the calendar takes you away from the site which is not a good idea. Perhaps use target="_blank" to open this in a new window so you visitors don't go astray.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Jaya,

I wonder if you can slightly reduce the size of the attractive apartment photos, so you don't have to scroll down so far to see them all? And you might want to correct the typo (Availability Calender). As Enid says, some place settings on the balcony table would look nice, or simply a big bunch of flowers for a splash of colour.

I like the crisp layout.

RR
CSE

Post by CSE »

The photos are good and the basic description is ok. Here are some more suggestions for changes.
· Could you add some information to the photos?
· It would be nice to have back to top link after panning down the photos.
· When you look at the availability calendar there is a close button at the bottom. This does what it says so it closes anything open to your property.
· What is the ‘add new paragraph’ button on the availability page there for?
· Opening of any external links should be in a new page so that your web site is never lost.
· Some links on the flights page seem to be in a different font to the majority.

Good luck with your bookings.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Jaya Patel

Please take a minute or two to review my website

Post by Jaya Patel »

Thnk-you all for your great feedback. I have managed to change a few of your suggestions. I see what you mean about the availability calender but I don't know how to do it correctly, can any-one explain in very basic simple terms how to do it please???
MAD WOMAN
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Not sure what program you have used to write your website, but looking at the code behind the page you have the following:

<A href="http://www.rentpropertydirect.com/Prope ... RONG><FONT size=4>http://www.rentpropertydirect.com/Prope ... px?id=3627</FONT></STRONG></A>

Basically, to change the text that shows on the site, you need to change the second "http://www.rentpropertydirect.com/Prope ... px?id=3627" to say something like "Availability Calendar" (don't put in any of the quote marks I have used, these are just to hopefully make it easier to see what I mean). This will make the link work better, and if you want this to appear in a new window then you need to enter the code target="_blank".

To sum up, I would change that line of code to the following:

<A href="http://www.rentpropertydirect.com/Prope ... px?id=3627" target="_blank"><STRONG><FONT size=4>Availability Calendar</FONT></STRONG></A>

Feel free to PM me if you need any more help.

Regards
Andy.
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
kirkland

Post by kirkland »

I would try and avoid a free site, while potential customers are looking at your photos, there are competitors ads at the top of the page trying to tempt them away.
cottageguru

Post by cottageguru »

Hello Jaya

I like the website overall, it is fairly easy to navigate and I found most of what I would be looking for without much trouble.

I found the text to be a bit dry and not very enticing though. I have never been to Spain so it might be nice to get more of a feel of what I could expect. For example:

"Enjoy day after day of sunshine and warmth in our welcoming apartment. Laze by the pool or explore the delightful surrounding countryside, then relax in the evening on the balcony with a glass of wine. "

The page on The Area could be expanded too with links to local attractions, restaruants, activities etc.

Finally, I wasn't sure about your rates. Are they for a week? Is there a check in day- like Saturday - Saturday? It wasn't clear.

For someone who says they are new at this, you've done a great job so far!
Heather

Vacation Rental Success Podcast
www.cottageblogger.com
www.twitter.com/cottageguru
weardalebeka

Post by weardalebeka »

the first page is good, much better than many I have seen. Nice big clear pictures giving a good feel for the apartment.

A couple of points, I always want to see the exterior of the property - could you make the pool picture smaller and put the exterior shot next to it?

I think it would be better to have descriptions of each room below the relevant pictures

You don't have pictures of the bathrooms/ensuites

You could do with increasing the size of your font a little bit

I agree with others that you really need to have a map - even a tiny one on the homepage so people know roughly where it is and then link to a much more detailed map/area guide

The Area page:
great shots except the first one - it looks less sunny and the huge tower block is offputting. I'd go for a close up shot of someone sunning themselves if possible, that shot made me feel like I was off the beach, a close up of sunbathing with a cool drink places me the viewer ON the beach!
The kids playground shot is nice but maybe retake it it warmer weather? also I would put that one at the bottom.

I think you need a little more work on your text tomake it inviting and I'm not sure about the WHO bit - I'm only holidaying there nto living there and tbh I dont' want to have demertitis, rheumatic and respiritary complaints on the same page as my holiday rental in spain!

I'd like a few more links to local places of interest too

Prices
this really needs work, it felt the most amateur page of the site. The calander is too small and you can't use it to book.

Contact
make it personal - "any questions, queries or comments please talk to 'joe' on 01234 5678912

guestbook
unless you have any comments I wouldn't put this up. I wouldn't have an open access comments page anyway. Save this for comments from your 'real' guestbook at the villa.

HTH