Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

The copy for Tansy's site
Goto page Previous  1, 2

How to build your own personal website from scratch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ju

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always talk about downstairs and upstairs rather than ground floor and first floor. I think it sounds more friendly anyway, if a friend asked me where my bedroom was I would say "it's upstairs" rather than "it is on the first floor".

I think the copy is great.

Ju
paolo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewrite for the Utah Beach home, taking into account the above comments:

Quote:
Utah Beach Rental Home

This newly renovated, former fisherman’s house is tucked up in the dunes of Utah Beach and has spectacular views over the sea to Grand Camp Maisy, Point du Hoc and the Isles of Marcouf.

A path leads from the back gate onto the wide expanse of Utah Beach.

This stretch of coastline gives you the best of Normandy’s natural beauty. The house is in the Cotentin and Bessin Marshlands Natural Park, while the Beauguillot Nature Reserve/Bird Sanctuary of 1,200 acres is just 500 metres from your doorstep.

There is something for everyone in this very special corner of Normandy: birdwatching, walking, some of the best food in France, horse riding, bike riding, wind surfing, sand yachting, sailing, diving, the beaches (not just Utah Beach), D-Day and WW2 interest…the problem here is that there is too much to do!

About the house

Newly renovated to sleep 10 in 5 bedrooms, this is a perfect holiday home for either 2 families sharing or 1 big family, including grandparents, the family dog and loads of kids.

The house is designed to maximize the panoramic sea views from the living space on the 1st floor. Up here there is a large open-plan living room, kitchen and dining area, leading onto a glass veranda. There is a large dining table for 10, plus another seating area leading out to the huge sun terrace with a patio table for 10, a Portuguese BBQ and sun beds.

In the living room is a TV (satellite Freeview programmes include BBC, ITV, Sky News, etc.), DVD player, CD player, big wood burner for the winter (logs included), a well-stocked book case, even jigsaws in case of emergency!

Bedrooms: upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, (1 double & 1 twin) and a bathroom.

On the ground floor are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and the laundry room. There is a large double with an en suite shower room, and 2 twin rooms with a 'Jack & Jill' shower room. Both bedrooms at the front of the house have French windows opening out into the garden.

We have tried to create a very comfortable home-from-home property with all the linen, bedding and decorations reflecting a nautical theme.

All the beds are made up for your arrival, with towels in the bathrooms. Beach towels, sun bed covers and even a bucket and spade for the kids are provided.

The garden is walled in so it’s completely secure for children and dogs. There is ample parking for up to 6 cars plus a large garage.

The kitchen is well equipped with a dishwasher, microwave, gas hob & oven, kettle, toaster, coffee maker and a large family-sized fridge/freezer. A well-stocked larder awaits you with tea, coffee, sugar, condiments, herbs, spices, pasta, stock cubes, vinegars, oils, even tinned goods - all we ask is that if you use anything please replace for the next folk.

In the laundry room there are separate washing and drying machines, iron and ironing board.

We positively welcome dogs – Utah Beach is doggie paradise – the only worry a dog owner may have is that the dog will sulk when it is time to go home! Our vet speaks excellent English and is very up to speed with the ‘passport for pets’ scheme, which seems to change quite often paperwork-wise!

From the 1st July the boulangerie in Ste Marie du Mont has a mobile shop - the van stops outside, and toots its horn for you to pop out to buy your bread in the mornings.

The nearest town is Ste Mere Eglise, about 8 miles away. This is where the 101st Airborne parachuted in on 6th June 1944. Today it has all the shops, cafes and restaurants you could wish for.

The house is in the heart of a significant conservation area so it is an amazingly peaceful and unspoilt setting.

Find out more about the local area, and things to see and do, by clicking here.

paolo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St Germain rewrite after Tansy's notes:

Quote:
Normandy Beach Rental House
- rated one of the world’s best

Selected by the UK’s The Observer as one of the top 15 beach rentals in the world, this Normandy rental house has sensational, uninterrupted sea views.

And the beach at the bottom of the garden was nominated by The Sunday Telegraph as one of the most beautiful in all of France.

Here at St Germain Sur Ay, the white sand stretches as far as the eye can see, with views across to the island of Jersey and the legendary Isles of Ecrehou from the panoramic windows.

The house is in the Cotentin and Bessin Marshlands Regional Natural Park, 145,000 hectares of preserved natural beauty amid the sand dunes and estuaries.

We have maximised the stunning views over 3 floors with a raised elevation overlooking the sea. The feature that really strikes you when you stay here is the incredible clarity of the light – it must be something to do with all that sea and clean air.

The sunny living/dining room is perfect for relaxation, or contemplating the glorious sunsets over the sea, or enjoying the log fire in the winter.

From the dining table, everyone can enjoy the sea view, even when you have your back to it!

The kitchen is modern and very well equipped with eye-level oven, huge fridge-freezer, and everything from dishwasher to olive oil.

Bedrooms: upstairs are a double bedroom and a twin room with fabulous sea views, and looking onto the garden are another twin room and very large double with en suite shower room. There is a family bathroom upstairs too. Downstairs is a twin bedroom with a bathroom next to it and a separate WC – this bedroom is especially good for grandparents or anyone who doesn’t want to use the stairs.

All the linen is supplied and the beds made up for your arrival. Furniture, bedding, towels, beach towels, etc. are all of good quality with a nautical theme throughout.

In the garden there are sun loungers, deck chairs and a huge Portuguese BBQ, plus a patio area with table and chairs for 10,

For children we have 2 cots, 2 highchairs, toilet trainers, baby baths, bottle sterilizers, changing mats, bucket and spade - just ask!

Entertainment: TV has BBC and ITV, there is a video player and video library, DVD player, and a CD player/radio.

Dogs are positively welcomed. The garden is child- and dog-friendly, and of course, dogs are welcome to play on the sand outside our beach rental. Normandy beaches are wonderful places to walk a dog.

How to build your own personal website from scratch