www.cambalala.com - My new vacation rental website.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
cambalala

www.cambalala.com - My new vacation rental website.

Post by cambalala »

Hi there - My first post on laymyhat.

I've finally made the initial version of my website live this week and would appreciate any comments.

I know it's lacking a FAQ & Tips on travelling to South Africa section. Also the homepage background image makes the text hard to read but these are things I'm already working on.

let me know what you think www.cambalala.com

Reagrds,
Raymond.

PS: I'm also still working on my meta tags.

www.cambalala.com
Ju

Post by Ju »

Hi Raymond and welcome to the forum

I think you've got a very nice site and a very nice product. It has certainly made me want to go.

One improvement I think you could make is to the home page - a quick summary of what is on offer, in larger text so people can read it quickly and a larger photo of the fantastic looking house.

Something like:

+ Self Catering Lodge sleeping 8 in South African Bushveld

In Large text above the rest of the text, then the photo then the rest of the text.

Well done.
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

Hi Ju.

Thanks for the comments. Will definitely do something like that on the home page. I'll also be getting better interior and exterior photo's when I vist in April.

Regards,
Raymond.

www.cambalala.com
LCE

Post by LCE »

Hi Raymond,

I'm just new too, think your site is great although I would agree that the text on the home page is too pale. I got a bit distracted working out what was underneath until I realised its a lion! I loved the real time clock, a great touch letting everyone know so they don't phone in the middle of the night! The map took ages to load on my laptop. We're on broadband and it still took ages so it will be worse for anyone still on dial-up.

It looks fantastic though, very professional, congrats.

Lynne
Our mid-life crisis became a B&B!!
www.lechardonecossais.com
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

Hi Lynne. Welcome to the forum also, and thanks for looking at my site. I'll definitely have to look at getting rid of the lion background or making it paler. I'm hoping the clock will stop most 2am calls ;-) - well for those that use my site that is.
The map is sometimes very quick and sometimes very slow... depending on google because its a google map api. But will have a look at that too thanks.

Regards,
Raymond.
www.cambalala.com
remote

Post by remote »

Welcome
Great site, only thing that phased me was the lion background, like Lynne - how about just putting the type in bold?
I think that what you really need is for LMH forum members to test it out personally, then we might be able to judge if your site is up to the mark.
When do you want us to come? :lol:
A turkey is not just for Christmas
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

lol... I'll definitely have to sort the front page out. Will try bld fonts etc. I'd be more than happy to let you test out our guest house for £95 per day ;-)

Raymond.
www.cambalala.com
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

It all looks fantastic, even the prices!

I would just like to see a guide to what the weather is like at different times of the year. Easy enough to go and look up a weather site, I know, but it would be easy and encourage me to stay on the site if I could do it from there.
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

Bellywobble wrote:I would just like to see a guide to what the weather is like at different times of the year.
Thats easy... its ALWAYS hot! ;-) Just summer is hotter than winter. lol... I agree with you though and I'm already working on a weather page with averages and a 5 day forecast widget etc. so much still to do. :? - Thank goodness I don't have to pay a webmaster to do it.

Your comments are appreciated and thanks for looking.
www.cambalala.com - 3D Virtual Tour
Website On: Wordpress.
Booking Software: PIMS) - Yay!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Nice site! I can see that a lot of effort has gone into making it.

On the photos page I expected to click on the photo for the link but instead had to navigate the mouse onto the tiny link below.

On the Maps & Routes page only 1/3 of the map was drawn. I did a refresh but got the same every time.

I like the currency conversion. Have been looking for something like that for a while so might give it a try.

Makes a change seeing somewhere different in this forum.
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

kevsboredagain wrote:Nice site! I can see that a lot of effort has gone into making it.
Thanks - I've tried to think of everything and still have loads of ideas to impliment.
kevsboredagain wrote:On the photos page I expected to click on the photo for the link but instead had to navigate the mouse onto the tiny link below.
Will fix this soon - thanks for spotting it.
kevsboredagain wrote: On the Maps & Routes page only 1/3 of the map was drawn. I did a refresh but got the same every time.
The one on the "Maps and routes" home page? Seems like a few people are having a problem with it. - Thanks for the heads up.
kevsboredagain wrote: I like the currency conversion. Have been looking for something like that for a while so might give it a try.
Yeah - I thought it was quite a nice addition. I used dynamic converter. link here.

Thanks for the comments.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Yeah - I thought it was quite a nice addition. I used dynamic converter. link here.
Yep, I know :) I've already sifted through your code, found the link and signed up to test it out. Thanks for that one.
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

lol. no probs. Enjoy.
cambalala

proposed new front page.

Post by cambalala »

Hi Peoples.
I've taken your comments on board. - Thanks! -
and have desigend a new front page here

I've not made it live yet so feel free to compare it to the currrent front page here.

I've also made the "photo album" menu pictures here clickable.

Let me know if its better or not.

Cheers.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

it looks HEAPS better to me :)
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!