I am suspicious

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ju

I am suspicious

Post by Ju »

I have just received this enquiry today:

Hello
i am interested in renting your apartment for 4 days. would like you to furnish me with the total cost of it starting from 17th april thanks JENNY

The reason I am suspicious is because she refers to is as an apartment where our properties our large houses for large family groups and could never be described as an apartment.

My other reason for being suspicious is that the enquiry came through vacationrentals.com, and the only enquiries I have had through them have been scams.

I've replied back asking how many people the booking is for so we will see.

Ju
paolo

Post by paolo »

I had the same on to two different villas in Provence - looks like this scammer is emailing everyone on vacationrentals.com
Paolo
Lay My Hat
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Is this "Jenny's" surname Douglas, and does she pose as a model by any chance?
Malta – always in the sunshine!
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

We had the same scam as above plus two others. One from a Mark Comb and another from a guy in Argentina whose name escapes me. Unfortunately, not a genuine enquiry in sight.

Has anyone had a genuine enquiry through Vacation Rentals?
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

I just got a newsletter today from findvacationrentals.com I think and their main purpose was to alert everybody of scam emails. They included 4 sample ones in their email. Once I get back to my own computer I will post those here so everyone can see the usual suspects and their helpful hints.

I don't really think the site has to do with the scams because once they clean out one site they will go to the next and so on until they come back to the first. Since it is easy to contact us they will continue to fish.