Do you answer two-word enquiries?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: Well done BB and you shared a laugh or two with your guests as well!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I can't think of many 4-word phrases which are so esoteric as to be found only 3 times in a google search (the phrase, not the word, of course).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlewhack

I'm trying to think of what the shortest inquiry I've ever had (that converted) was. I suppose I've had plenty where the person just filled in only the minimum required dates and ended up booking, but that doesn't really count, does it?
Brooke
olive

Post by olive »

Fascinating! - thank you, Brooke.
Congratulations, Jane!
polly

Post by polly »

We get a few enquiries where the prospective renter just fills in the dates, and leaves the default enquiry text. Sometimes they book, and sometimes they don't.

I think some of it has to do with the way the internet works - very fast. People can't be bothered to go into too much detail, especially when enquiring for the popular weeks. They would rather get loads of enquiries off, and then see what come back with vacancies. Then they will choose which one they like. So, you should always respond to the short enquiries, just in case they like your property.

IMO, the really long winded enquiries are just scammers.
My Villa in Campoverde Spain
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

polly wrote:..IMO, the really long winded enquiries are just scammers.
While I'm sure its true that all scammers send long winded enquiries I doubt that all long winded enquiries are scams :shock:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
ravetildon
Location: I love Travel! - We Are Based Around San Francisco, California

info

Post by ravetildon »

I generally respond to every inquiry, even if it's a scammer...

You never know, you may get booked!

If I know for sure it's a scammer. I'll mess with the a bit...

Tell em check never arrived, please resend. keep asking dumb questions, tell em to please wire me gas money.

One wired me 50 bucks! Then I had to tell em the check was a fake, but I already used the gas...

I figure the more of his time I waste, the less chance a rookie VRBO has the chance of getting scammed.