Responsible travel

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
sazzleevans

Responsible travel

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I have just contacted responsible travel.com Has anyone else tried to get on their books if so youre advise would be appreciated.

Sarah
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Sarah,

Hanorah started this thread about them: viewtopic.php?t=428&highlight=responsible+travel

Cheers
Charles

Post by Hanorah »

Hi thought I had submitted a reply to this already so if it shows as a repeat apologies in advance.

Sarah glad you finally tracked down my email in cyberspace and I hope it helps. I have been very happy with them and am receiving a lot of enquries. However as we are fully booked for the peak season they are also listing me under the catergories for over 50's and cultural trips as all the family enquiries are for weeks that have already gone. So far so good.

Good luck in getting on I have found them very professional, helpful and personable.
Always Learning
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Sharon

Yes, I have found it and I going to get stuck into it this weekend. I am hoping it will do the trick for me as well.

Thank you for your help!!

Sarah
janskov

Also very interested

Post by janskov »

Any chance that you could point me in the direction of how to get registered?
I like the site and are desperate to find ways to promote my apartments and location to 50+ people.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Hi I suggest you contact the site ask for the criteria etc and then submit your application.

You need to demonstrate that you have policies that protect the environment, minimise any negative effects on the area and are socially benefiting the local population in some way.

We got on because we teach people about the Turkish culture; provide a free trip to a mountain village. We also share a percentage of our booking profits with the people that look after our property as well as to provide them private income from all of our additional services ie babysitting, private chauffeuring, private cook etc.

We also have several environmentally friendly polices in place including how to use the utilities responsibly and also provide over 100 pages in a welcome book detailing everything from local businesses, taxi firms, places to eat.

The book also contains basic Turkish, a history of the food, country culture and local places of interest.

You should have all this ready before you apply, as you will need to demonstrate it in your application.

Hope this helps we were lucky because I worked as a rep previously in Turkey and my husband is Turkish so I am passionate about the place and the people and had already done the ground work before I came accross responsible travel and applied.

Good luck
Always Learning
paolo

Post by paolo »

I'm scratching my head about how I could fit into these criteria, and not doing too well.

Protecting the environment…erm, um, half-size dishwasher any good?
Minimise negative effects on the area… my guests drive more slowly than everyone else, so are less likely to cause accidents.
Benefit local population…I employ a local cleaner. Benefit local restaurants.

I fear this is not responsible enough!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
janskov

Post by janskov »

Thank you. That is a great help and quite encouraging. I think I have a good chance.