Lost in the ether?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
la vache!

Lost in the ether?

Post by la vache! »

I've just received confirmation of an enquiry by someone by e mail. I didn't recognise the name, but then checked the date of sending:
mer. 27/04/2005 20:08

Is this a record? How can this happen with e mail?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Dates definitely can be forged... I occasionally get junk mail that's dated years in the past. But confirmation of an enquiry is so specific... that's odd. Have you looked them up to see if they're a past client?
Brooke
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Yes, they are a past client and stayed for the dates on their e mail. Very strange!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Is it possible that they were going through past emails and re-sent it by accident? Although I wouldn't have thought the old date would have still been on there.... :?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

katiegirl wrote:Is it possible that they were going through past emails and re-sent it by accident? Although I wouldn't have thought the old date would have still been on there.... :?
Or their computer broke down and it's just been fixed - or their e mail account was stopped or suspended - I suppose there are several possibilities! Nearly gave me a heart attack though - I thought I'd taken another double booking until I checked the sent date!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."