what about giving something for free

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Steve Noctor

Post by Steve Noctor »

We have suffered this problem on a number of occasions and to-date a neatly worded cease and desist order has always worked. One bit of additional advise is to find out where the site is being hosted and copy the hosting company in on the cease and desist letter. If e-mailing it is usually an abuse@ e-mail address.

The hosting companies have a legal obligation to prevent copyrighted information, or in fact any illegal activities, from being carried out on their servers. Although we have never had to get them involved we always cc them and usually get a very timely response checking the matter has been resolved.
accommodation-in-spain

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

Hi Steve

I contacted both the designer (well so called designer as they can't really be called that if they have to steal someone elses design) and the site owner. I must say the site owner was far more helpful and pushing for the changes to be made that the design company but they did change it after a solicitor threat.

By the way I love the look of your site and your logo really does stick in your head, as soon as I saw your logo I knew which site you owned - very good!

Regards
Zoe
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com
Costa de la Luz rentals
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz