Photoshop 7

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
roxytoo

Photoshop 7

Post by roxytoo »

have just got photoshop 7 which I am slowly learning to use! Wonder if anyone else knows of this problem I have, when I select retangular marquee tool (and it has the little black box next to it to say its selected) and I use it I get an oval shape every time instead of the square one!! It's driving me mad, I have to use the lassoo thingy to select! Its really wierd!
charles

Post by charles »

Sounds like the Tool Preset Picker.

Underneath File Edit in the menu you should have a drop down box that may well have your selection tool showing as an Oval. If that's the case you need to expand the list, hover over the offending preset tool, right-click and select delete tool. Then try again.

I could be wrong though - I'm getting through my PS7 manual one line every two weeks, time permitting!

hth
Charles

Post by Alan Knighting »

It sounds as though the wrong presets are associated with the wrong tools.

When you select the tool it will appear at the left of your menu bar. Click on that to add a preset - you are given the rectangular marquee tool as the default - click OK. You should now get the expanding rectangle you are looking for. If any other presets, such as lassoo, are listed there then delete them. The same applies to the lassoo tool.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

thanks guys, sorted it, didn't know presets were there but pressed to default back and it works!!

Thanks again!