Please Review my Condo Rental Site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Linda S

Independent Owner Website - Links and Inquiries, etc

Post by Linda S »

Hi All,
Although I just registered today, I've been reading the terrific advice from everyone for over a year. We purchased our first rental property 2 years ago so there was alot to learn. Thanks!

I created a site at independent owners, probably after seeing it mentioned here some time ago. I recently went with getting my own dot com and paid to get rid of the ads. This allowed me to put a link to my website on my listing sites without a hassle about competitive ads.

I did find creating my site very easy. They do allow outgoing links as I do have a couple on my site. I also have received inquiries thru my site and 2 this month from their listing for me on their VillasPeople site. In the past it generated no inquiries, but having a website without knowing html was my goal.

I'm now constantly trying to improve my site and reading alot about SEO. Having read that the search engines like updated material on sites, I've tried to do that. But it didn't seem to work for me. On week 3 with the new .com I was on page 1 of Yahoo and MSN and page 10 of Google search. Now 6 weeks later, page 1 on MSN and nowhere on Google and Yahoo unless I type in my url. Alot more to learn I guess.

If anyone has the time, any critiques would be very welcome. http://www.sanjosedelcabo-condorental.com Hopefully we'll get better pictures next time down, the other task - learning to take good pictures!

Thanks,
Linda
Linda
declanja

Post by declanja »

Just recently did a website with same company.Please take my comments as those of another novice on LMH.

I find you have alot of detail, not sure is this good or bad! You sell the area very well-love the binoculars and photos of whales. Photos very good, Not sure of the backgound colour choice-I would prefer something brighter but thats me!

Overall-well done and the best of luck. Seems a very attractive place to go, if we could persuade Ryanair to put on flights.
Linda S

Post by Linda S »

Thanks for the review Declanja. I'll revisit their template colors. That was the first thing I did and I know longer remember their offerings and why I chose the one I did.

I know I have a lot on that one page, I wish they offered an additional page so I could break it up some. There's even more I wanted to put in like about the beaches, etc. I'll probably be making more changes.

I happened to have just left you a message about your site. Good luck with it!
Linda