Advise please on advert placed

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

OK, scissors out tomorrow. Thanks LVT - what gismo did you use to count the letters and spaces so quickly? :?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
enid

Post by enid »

Just read down and seen that GG has responded to my main problem - the text sounds as though it has been translted forl the Frech and it is a bit stilted. e.g.
Plenty shops nearby

surrounds the first floor house ( I am presuming here isn't another house up there!)

Overlooks the most Garonne river.

On the lawns pool 6.5 round by 1.3m

etc etc

Otherwise I think it looks a great property. :)
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Thank you all for you comments , all are a great help.
You are a luv GG.
Think i will have to sit down with them later in the week to try to get it sorted
Nessie
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

casasantoestevo wrote:
Nessie wrote:I am no techie but thats clever, i have a meeting with her later this week so will look into that

Thanks
Now see that you have taken the dates off the photos. :D
No i cant take credit, neither can the owner. As niether of us has amended them. But the dates where there , as i had already passed comment about them
Nessie
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

sorry one last question with owners direct can you load your own photos , only the owner is telling me this morning that she has to send them off to OD for them to load
Nessie
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes, as long as they're digital Nessie I think - otherwise the prints would need to be scanned and emailed that way.

Second revision of the first para: I've tried to include most of the important selling points. There are more, but hopefully this will encourage readers to explore the rest of the ad and find 'em!

"Our very pretty restored school house nestles in a tranquil hamlet in SW France, not far from lovely Agen, and a short drive to baker, banks etc. It has 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, and partial air conditioning. Delightful gardens border the River Garonne: a peaceful retreat of colour and perfume. Read a book on one of the terraces, dine al fresco, or just listen to the cicadas. A further terrace surrounds the first floor, with super river views. Cool off in our pool (6.5m round by 1.3m high), or test your skills on the boules pitch!

The local area is perfect for long walks and cycle trips. Bicycles are provided and a path passing the property leads to pleasant tracks along the river to the Canal du Midi. Nearby are beautiful villages, built on cliffs, with cobbled streets: browse antique shops and weekly markets, and enjoy the restaurants, serving local French fare at very low prices. With something here for every member of the family, you’ll enjoy our special corner of France."

Found a gismo, and got there!

Nessie, if you go with this and the above is entered, should OD's system say it's still over the limit, this can be fixed by joining the two paras. It reads better with a separation though, ideally. Happy to take a look at the rest of the text little by little. :)
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Thanks GG

I am only going to pass on the recommendations, when i see her on Friday and see what she says. . But i am sure she will be very thankful to you all. She had no idea about the calendar until i said yesterday that it had been highlighted that the dates where marked as unknown.
She has been renting a place she has in Nice for years and has not had the same problems with that one , but then i think the area and her prices sell the apartment there

Thanks once again
Last edited by Nessie on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nessie
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

How does she market the Nice apartment Nessie - through an agent or privately?

I won't spend any more time on it then until you check she's happy for LMH to help. Then I guess you would need to enter the text and images for her, plus update her calendar after each booking unless you can get her over her mental block? Just another load of stuff for you to do!

The other question of course is "does she advertise anywhere else" and how needy is she of the income?
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

GG
She has an advert i think on OD and maybe holidayrentals, I know for the house its just OD and visitfrance plus a few free or cheap sites. Oh i feel sure she will be more than happy i even suggested she came on to post herself , but not got that far yet.
Last edited by Nessie on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nessie
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

OK, I'll fiddle around a bit more then if you like where we're heading with it so far. Probably not today or tomorrow though ..