holidayhomesdirect.ie

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Maro

holidayhomesdirect.ie

Post by Maro »

Anybody else have a listing on this Irish site? I listed several months ago after reading an article in a magazine. I think this is their second year and the enquiries are starting to come through. I have had two bookings from the site recently.
My free listing is coming to an end and the yearly listing fee is now 90 euro. I am going to drop HR unless they start to produce something soon.
I have a special offer on there at the moment as I want to get the remaining week in April sold. I emailed them and it was done quickly and I think this service will be free - like on OD.
MARO
julesb

free trial

Post by julesb »

hi
This looks a good site for me especially as a new Ryan Air link has just opened Dublin to Rodez. How did you get your free trial - no sign of it on the website - perhaps it is no longer on offer. Maybe it would be worth trying to ask them for a free trial as we are pretty much booked up this season and I don't want to pay out for no reason.
Thanks for the info!

Julie
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Interesting, but not sure I want to pay out just at the moment. We had Irish guests last summer, but not sure where they found us.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Thanks for this.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Thinking of subscribing to this site anybody had recent dealings with them? or has a promotion code?
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Maro, thanks so much for mentioning this site. I'm going to investigate further.
GRL

Post by GRL »

Not sure Maro will see this thank you as the original post was written in 2008.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Rosie wrote:Not sure Maro will see this thank you as the original post was written in 2008.
:lol: :lol:
I dug it up when i was searching information about this rental site
lester1meg

Post by lester1meg »

We have had a fantastic response to our ads on Done Deal in Ireland. 3 euros for 2 months of listing. Another 3 euros if you want to bump your property up the site in an effort to shift an empty week. It's cost us 12 euros to generate over 5000 euros worth of bookings.
Our house is in Ireland so not sure how it would work for those not in the country but at that price certainly worth a try I would think.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

lester1meg wrote:We have had a fantastic response to our ads on Done Deal in Ireland. 3 euros for 2 months of listing. Another 3 euros if you want to bump your property up the site in an effort to shift an empty week. It's cost us 12 euros to generate over 5000 euros worth of bookings.
Our house is in Ireland so not sure how it would work for those not in the country but at that price certainly worth a try I would think.
Thank Lester1meg we will give it a try.
We used to have quite a few Irish guest but the numbers dwindled a few years back but recently inquiries have picked up.
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Rosie wrote:Not sure Maro will see this thank you as the original post was written in 2008.
:oops: Obviously, I didn't look at the date! However I've had a reply from them which in part says:

With regards to the free trial period, kindly provide us with the location of your property followed by all the links which are currently advertising your property.

So it may be worth trying out, even paying the fee, seeing that it does seem to bring some bookings in.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Interesting. I used to have quite a few Irish guests so would be interested if it works for you.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

pambon wrote:Interesting. I used to have quite a few Irish guests so would be interested if it works for you.
I did as well, then i think they were hit badly by the recession but i think things are picking up plus there are 2 flights a week till November from Dublin to La Rochelle.

lester1meg unfortunately you have to live in Ireland to advertise with done deal.
declanja

Post by declanja »

I live in Ireland and would not feel this company has a high public profile. I don't see much advertising by it. I don't think Irish people (or any other nationality) focus too much on the location of the rental company rather than the content.

Done Deal is a good site. Expect lots of tyre kickers and bargain hunters!
Declan
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

declanja wrote:I live in Ireland and would not feel this company has a high public profile. I don't see much advertising by it. I don't think Irish people (or any other nationality) focus too much on the location of the rental company rather than the content.
Declan
Thanks for your input Declan i noticed they dont have many properties in France (just 1 in my area) the bulk seem to be in Ireland and Portugal. The site comes up well in google.ie but as you say guest may prefer the named brands. They came back to me and said no free trial for my 4 gites but have reduced the subscription.