Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Morocco

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Morocco Reply with quote

Has, anybody bought in Morocco for rentals or life style. I am trying to get this going on the forum.
catherinedonegal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi camel.

i haven't bought there but our friend (who was actually born there but lives here in ireland) bought his old family home in casablanca a couple of years ago. maybe i can pick his brains for you if there's anything you need to know.

catherine
camel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. As most people will be aware that Morocco is an emerging market and as such the holiday/resale
market is in its infancy.

In, 2008, 09,10 a lot of properties will be on line for rentals/sales and by than the low cost airlines will be well established. I feel that the time is ripe to start working towards establishing it.
agadirqueen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: agadir Reply with quote

hi there,glad to have found your forum. my husband and i have just bought an appartment in agadir.well actually we bought it a year ago,but have just finished furnishing it.my husband is from agadir but has lived in the uk for 12 years. we are due to go back in 10days time and cant wait.we have decided to rent it out so as to get a bit of income from it. we will probably visit some agencies to see what they charge,or maybe get one of my husbands family to do it,not sure yet.i would like to hear from anyone else who has bought in agadir. thanks debbie x
John & Yasmine FATIHA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, we are proud owners of a villa in Salé (close to Rabat) in Morocco. We bought this villa a good year ago, and are regularly renting it out. At this moment we have had only 4 or 5 short periods rented out in the last year. Although the house is on several sites and we regularly get enquiries it seems to be difficult to change enquiries into real bookings. Does somebody have good tips?
agadirqueen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,my husbands sister lives in sale/rabat. i have had a few weeks booked this year ,from people i have met over in agadir.yes also had lots of enquiries,but only a few real bookings.at least it gives us cheap holidays as we only need flights and as an investment it is doing great. if you ever thinking of going to agadir,email me agadirqueen@yahoo.co.uk by the way,or you english,or are you married to a moroccan. debbie x
John & Yasmine FATIHA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Agadirqueen,
Thanx for your reply, by the way: I am Dutch and my wife is Moroccan (from Salé)
la vache!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why haven't you got a version of your website in French and why aren't you advertising to the French market? Morocco is a far more popular destination for the French than the UK market (which is what you will get predominantly by advertising with holidaylettings)
You'd be better off with Abritel.fr or something like that.
John & Yasmine FATIHA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also advertising on Homelidays (also in French) and Holiday-Rentals.com (with the French upgrade, so the advertisement also shows up on Abritel.fr + HomeAway.fr) Also we have a French section on our own home-page.
It is true Morocco attracts lot of French traffic, but we have had more than 50% occupancy from UK bookings however.
It also seems French people are more difficult and tend to make more problems on-site. Also they tend to argue a lot on pricing, although our villa is really cheap priced compared to others.
la vache!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John & Fatiha wrote:

It also seems French people are more difficult and tend to make more problems on-site. Also they tend to argue a lot on pricing, although our villa is really cheap priced compared to others.

They aren't more difficult in my experience but then I let in France so it is home territory. Agree that they are often 'radin' when it comes to prices, though!
mpprh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is popular with the French (they speak the lingo and have boulangeries !).

However, there has been much discussion over its potential for investment. They are currently having major problems due to overbuilding of overpriced holiday places ( http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=74978 http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=27674 )

Might be worth asking these people : http://www.moroccanvillas.com/ how things are going.

It might also be worth perusing the 2.5m websites listed by google for the search terms "terrorist morocco" .

Peter
Mountain Goat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might also be worth perusing the 2.5m websites listed by google for the search terms "terrorist morocco" .

Or even terrorist France - 6.5 million.

MG

John & Yasmine FATIHA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
I am very sorry, maybe try terrorist USA??? Embarassed
at first SAADIA project = far from RABAT / SALE Cool
at second, at this moment we have a global economic meltdown.....Surely Moroccan real estate will suffer also.
I am a owner, not looking for real estate at this moment, just looking for bookings.
In a market that had an upswing in tourist numbers of 10-15% each year.
Forecasts for 2009 are 12% more tourists than 2008!!!
For now, forecasts seems to get true considering figures of january and february, so.........
Morocco also has a market where my real estate has increased in value for over 70% in one year!!! Razz
I have several bids on the villa, wich i do NOT want to sell......
So, who bothers if this 70% upswing shrinks to 0???
tazmaniandevil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Holiday-Renters Reply with quote

Hi Camel,

We bought and renovated a house in Essaouira, and I am in contact with many English owners there. My cousin has bought property and land in Tiznit, and married a local guy from Agadir.

You state that you want to get a forum going, great! Perhaps we can suggest a few topics for holiday-renters in Morocco, perhaps a referral scheme for when our properties are let ?

Recommendation is by far the best, and cheapest way to advertise.

Bon idea?

So, Camel, what are your interests/properties/rentals in Morocco?

warmest regards
John & Yasmine FATIHA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening a Forum might be a nice idea, I will follow!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Rest of World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: