Click-through to Inquiry ratio?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Alan Knighting wrote:I think I am on all fours with Alexia on this one.
:lol: Goodness! This is another expression I haven't come across before.

Although it sounds like you're on all fours with me - judge a site by enquiries not bookings - Alexia is on all fours somewhere else, perhaps in the garden.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,

I think I was mis-quoting from Baron Macaulay's "On John Bunyan".

It is not easy to make a simile go on all fours.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

I was going to drop this, but Paolo is having such fun that I shall play along & point out that my question was clearly a "what would you do if.." question, not a "what do you do when.." one.
So, Paulo, can you answer my question on this basis? (I know you don't get 1000 enquiries & no bookings from 1 site - we all know that.) I realise that you're going to tell me that you just might not renew the 10 enquiries/10 bookings site(only 10 enquiries???) but that you would renew the 1000 enquiries/no bookings one (amazing!!!1000 enquiries!!!)......I just don't know why. Please tell.
Best,
Alexia.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Alexia,

Of course I would renew the 10 bookings site but the question is not a realistic one. So let's make it realistic:

- one site gives you 5 enquiries in a year, resulting in 3 bookings.
- another site gives you 20 enquiries in a year, resulting in 2 bookings.

And let's assume that both offer an availability calendar so those enquiries are not all worthless.

I would renew both but if I could only afford one I would renew the one with 20 enquiries and think about ways I could improve my conversion rate.
Paolo
Lay My Hat