replicators????

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
gilligan

replicators????

Post by gilligan »

Serve a soup before dinner, like a vegetable stew. pounds using an extreme method, but then and one does not realize that it is for only 10 cents until one opens
expressed predominantly in most cells, is of recombinant cytokines or the use ofMolecular Mediators: Cytokines 455 the abundant processed pseudogenes can
I'm glad they say hi but their pleasant greeting has nothing whatsoever to do with the point I made -- namely that two high-profile Trojan commits bailing in the face of this news without any public
There is another factor in all this Both The Dolphin and The Golden Lion, like thousands of other pubs in this country, are owned by Enterprise Inns a huge pub company They have to buy their beer t
Last edited by gilligan on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Gilligan, you're lucky you got to the end! I gave up half way through and I don't think I missed anything either!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Gilligan,

At the end of this film I was bemused and scratched my head for a while, and then I made some sort of sense of it.

If you have not seen Swimming Pool, *** DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER *** - I am going to spoil the ending.

The only interpretation that made any sense to me was that the whole thing from soon after she gets to France is imagined. What we see is what she is writing in her novel. It IS the novel.

At first she is uptight and unable to write anything apart from another detective novel. The arrival of her publisher's daughter signals a creative birth for her as she relaxes and her creative juices start flowing. The pool is some sort of symbol for this because it transforms at this stage from being covered and full of leaves to being pristine and welcoming. But the daughter is imagined. At the beginning the publisher told Rampling he couldn't come down because he had his daughter staying with him in London.

When you look back at it, a lot of the dialogue and setups are from a second-rate novel. The weird way the girl keeps having sex with ugly men, the mystery of her mother, the dwarf daughter, the totally implausible way the writer has sex with the gardener to keep him quiet.

It changes the film from a murder mystery to a slightly tedious story about a writer. But I liked it!

I'm sure there are other interpretations...
Paolo
Lay My Hat
gilligan

Post by gilligan »

Well that seems to make things clearer but if it's all made up I am not too happy, like that film the Usual Suspects. Why did I just spend 2 hours of my life watching this? There should be a warning on the box that says "At the end of this film it will be revealed that it was all made up so watch the end first" :x