Interested in your advice about my gite

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
lasiauve

Post by lasiauve »

Hi again
Thanks for all this advise. Im still sat here working on it.
New photos just out on - looks alot brighter now.

I have one question

Due to the ever changing euro/pound rate - I have priced in euros!
Now if any guests wanting to pay in advance by cheque in Sterling from UK - what do you reccommend we do ?

Thanks Ann
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ann,

From the word go I thought your Web Site was attractive but needed “tweaking” in many respects. I think the advice you are receiving and the way in which you are responding means that it is improving by the minute.
Due to the ever changing euro/pound rate - I have priced in euros!
Now if any guests wanting to pay in advance by cheque in Sterling from UK - what do you recommend we do?
I would take an instant currency valuation and ask them for a cheque for “X” number of UK Pounds. By the time you get the cheque the exchange rate will have changed; the UK Pound will have gone up or will gone down against the Euro but that’s a risk that both you and your clients have to accept. If you then deposit the cheque in your Euro bank account you will face “charges” and "commissions" and you will get the exchange rate of the day.

While the UK Pound slowly sinks against the Euro those owners who bank in Europe are going to be the losers. If the UK Pound ever starts to recover against the Euro then they will become the winners.

Alan