Email Addresses

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
oskar

Email Addresses

Post by oskar »

Can I ask what the opinion is for an email address for your website.

Is it better to have, for example.....

info @lovlyproperty.com

rather than

lovlyproperty @hotmail.com?

Do you think the former would make enquirers feel more secure about booking than the latter, or does it not really matter?
Last edited by oskar on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I believe the former is more professional, yes. Since e-mail is often the first point of contact with a potential client, the actual e-mail address does matter.

I think it's more important to be friendly and polite (but not too formal) and use proper grammar when writing the e-mail, though.

Cheers!
Brooke
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Many people would think 'businesses' with a hotmail address are cheapskates, and so the goods/services that they buy from them would also be cheap. Also, a hotmail person could just disappear with your money and would be very difficult to trace them - at least with a 'proper' e-mail address, they should be officially registered with some domain?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
paolo

Post by paolo »

I agree with reddevil, if your address can be seen on your site, the non-hotmail one is much better. I do use hotmail for some of my listing site ads but you don't know that when you enquire.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
oskar

Post by oskar »

Thanks for that advice. Very much the way I think too, but was just interested to see if others felt the same.

Next question - I had an account with Go Daddy registered to the domain, but was getting some people´s emails returned to them as being spam! Any suggestions as to who else to use?
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

That sounds like it would be a problem with your email settings on your hosting service. Some people use spam programs on their hosting accounts which you can configure from your control panel. The registrar or DNS server wouldn't affect your email being flagged as spam.
oskar

Post by oskar »

Go Daddy were advised 3 times about the problem, and I was assured it was fixed. Today though another email was rejected as spam. :(
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

We've got a really complicated email address so I can't possibly advise .... but people do seem to manage to click on the email link.

Must admit that I wasn't aware of the problems with a "hotmail" address before I joined the forum.