Swimming pool opening times

For anything to do with the garden and pool
la vache!

Swimming pool opening times

Post by la vache! »

I suppose this is really for on site owners, but do you restrict swimming time or allow them to swim whenever (including at night?)
When the abri was on the pool, I used to lower it during the night, put the light on and the guests could swim at night. However, now the summer cover is on, I put the cover on at around 10pm and am not keen for people to remove it at night and put it on again themselves - particularly in the case of this week's guests who I wouldn't trust because they would probably be drunk, so they'd probably break something, if indeed they bothered to put the cover on at all.
How do you absentee owners manage, do you really trust the guests to cover the pool every night :?
Ju

Post by Ju »

We don't have swimming times. For the on-site pool we tend to cover it about 8 or 9 pm, once we see poeple have finished with it for the day.

For the other pool we tend to leave it to the guests, but after having to replace the cover this year (it got torn to peices last season) I think we will try to do it ourselves this year. It is about 5 minutes drive away and is a bit of a pain to go out and do it ourselves, but at least that way we know it has been done properly.

We have never to my knowledge had people use the pool at night time, but then we have no outdoor lights near the pool, and the guests do not have access to the pool light switch (and we do not advertise their existance)
J&J

Post by J&J »

We used to open the pool 10am to 8pm. With three houses on site we were always a little concerned about people making a lot of noise outside these hours. When it was hot however (like it is at the moment) we would usually open it up for a late night floodlit swim at 11pm once per week and invite all the guests around. On midsummers night we served champagne at midnight.

Mornings were never a problem and I used to do the cleaning between 9am and 10am.

We often applied a little flexibility to the opening hours depending on the age group of guests staying.

James
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm quite happy to get up and take the cover off at 8am, I know that families with young children have often been up since 6am (me included) so sometimes they like to have a swim first thing.

Ju, when you have different groups staying in your other 2 houses, who takes responsibility for putting on the cover? Were you sure it was always done? It sounds a real pain having to drive over there every evening to put it on, especially with the price of diesel climbing daily.
LaLuz

Re: Swimming pool opening times

Post by LaLuz »

La Vache wrote:How do you absentee owners manage, do you really trust the guests to cover the pool every night :?
No and that's one of the main reasons we have never bothered with a cover :roll:

As for swimming at night, it's one of our greatest pleasures when we are there in August and I know lots of our guests feel the same.