Help guys - Is this for real?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
musicmonkey

Help guys - Is this for real?

Post by musicmonkey »

Hello,
I am a Bussiness Man Based in London. Because of the Bussiness Relationship i have with France,i wish to relocate to France.
I saw your advert placement as regards your house for rent.pls do let me know if you still have the house for rent and also let me know how much it will cost me to rent your VILLA PER MONTH,as I will be looking forward to your urgent response as soon as possible.
you can call me via this line ???????????

It is too early in the morning. Is he for real? He has given a telephone no. and a yahoo email address and quotes the dates from 1st June to 1st July. Am I being paranoid? [/i]
paolo

Post by paolo »

I'd give that a 95% spam rating. I give him 5% of doubt because he suggests you call him - will this be a premium rate line saying you've won a cruise?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

It appears to be a mobile no. so not much help really is it? We recommend our property as being a tranquil haven, which whilst near to tourist attractions is not really the centre of the universe to carry on with his business. From the wording of his message he doesn't sound as though he's retiring to France!
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

Have now had an email from the rental website confirming that the chap is not bona fide. Problem solved. So anyone else who gets a similar request - beware.
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Gave himself away on the first line. You would think a Bussiness Man would make it his Bussssinessss to learn how to spell :shock: Business :shock:
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

Whilst I had the same thoughts about his grammar - inevitably he didn't have a British sounding name so put it down to that. Anyway, even people who are businessmen don't necessarily have good grammar!