European Holidays

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Alan Knighting

European Holidays

Post by Alan Knighting »

I recently received a spam e-mail from someone called Anny Staats at an organisation calling itself European Holidays and claiming to be a sister company of Irish Properties. The e-mail came from kabelfoon.net.

I didn’t like their terms of business at all so have not responded. I was however curious as to why the e-mail didn’t come from European holidays.xxx so I did a Google search on kabelfoon.

According to Google kabelfoon.net does not exist but there is a similarly named website, nemo.kabelfoon.net, which appears to be a site from which spam is broadcast from a mailing list.

According to a notice on the web EuropeanHolidays.com has closed down but there is another website, Europeanholidays.org.uk which will be operational by the end of May 2005.

Irishproperties.com is the website of an Irish based estate agent. The Irishproperties.net website is for sale. Irishproperties.co.uk is a property site which links to others.

I suspect this is an example of real spam and I think I now understand how spamming can be operated.

Has anyone else received a similar approach andhow did you react to it?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I guess not!
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Alan,
You are so lucky to be the chosen one :lol:
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul,

I'll send you a copy if you like but I suspect that it's an offer you will find easy to resist.

Alan