Feedback on website Thanks

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
esentziak

Feedback on website Thanks

Post by esentziak »

Me again !

After asking questions about doing a website with my friend who has apartments in Lyon and chambre d'hote in Avignon, I was looking at the CoffeeCup software and used their website free evaluation.

Her website site came back with good marks, but I still think it's horrible !

I wonder now if it could just be re-vamped and not built from scratch ?

What I don't like about it: the colours, blue and yellow
the photographs are not good quality

I'd much appreciate your input on the above

Here is her website

http://www.lyonappart.com/

Thanks in advance

Dominique
Ju

Post by Ju »

I wish I could find something good to say.

I don't like the colours either, the photos do nothing to sell the properties, and I really hate the moving arrow.

This is a bit like web sites looked 10 years ago, even the font looks dated.

The home page should have much more information on -this is where you make your sale, and get rid of the moving text.

I am sorry to be so negative, but it sounds like you are a good friend! :)
Fil

Post by Fil »

Home page should have more information and photos. Blue is too strong and yellow agressive. Even photos need replacement. They are very dark. All in all a site that loooks too much "home made". Sorry.
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry I agree with the previous comments my husband used to work regularly in Lyon and we love it - but this website wouldn't tempt us to try one of the apartments. It needs a complete rethink I'm afraid.
esentziak

Post by esentziak »

Thanks for the replies.

Enid, I have to say I am starting to have second thoughts about sharing a website with my friend as her apartments are a lot more "basic" than ours. They are cheaper but definitely aimed at a less affluent clientele than ours.

My friend's apartments are actually nicer than they look on her website but I think the photos make them look very utilitarian !

I don't know what to do as it was my idea in the first place to do a website together and I feel I am letting her down if I do the website just for our apartment.

Plus the fact that I want a website in French and in English, but she does not speak English.

I had previously asked questions on this website and somebody suggested doing one main website, with links to the various apartments according to location. That would be one way out of it.

So do you think there is no point in trying to re-vamp her website ? it's just too bad ?

I don't know where that student got the idea to use blue and yellow.

Anyway enough rambling on my part, thanks for the input

Dominique
goosie

Post by goosie »

sorry esentziak I would put this one in the dustbin. It is hideous - the colours look like an appalling Ikea on mega sale day, the photos are poor quality and don't do anything and the level of information about the flats are non-existant.

bin bin bin!
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Dominique

I have to agree, those colours are sooo agressive. I only viewed the 1st apartment and could tell that it had faded elegance to it, but then I saw the kitchen and thought making an evening drink in that kitchen would give me nightmares and getting up in the morning to have coffee in that kitchen would also give me nightmares.

Almost all of the photos are of very poor quality.

Back to the drawing board.

Chianti
esentziak

Post by esentziak »

Thanks to everybody for their replies.

I think I am going to take the suggestion of Christine Kenyon on the post where I had asked about website for apartments in different locations

(she suggested a common web page with links to the different apartments from that "master" web page)

I am going to suggest to my friend to do a bit of work on her website in the meantime (change the colours and put nicer photos).

At least it will be a start as I have been thinking about doing a website for ages and have done nothing concrete about it !

Thanks again

Dominique
enid

Post by enid »

I think that's a very good idea - I look forward to seeing the end product - good luck :)
esentziak

Post by esentziak »

Enid, thanks for your words of encouragment.

Your own page on ownersdirect is very nice and the photographs make the place so inviting !

I'll post back with a link when it's all done, unless I have a million other questions to ask ... and thanks to everybody for the input and advice.

Best regards

Dominique
Windy

Post by Windy »

Coming in a bit late - I have to say I agree with the comments above, but I'd also add that all that flashy movement like the jumpy arrow and the zooming text for "Nos Locations" is really distracting.

I'd start again and add some more interesting content about WHY LYONS? at the same time. Local facilities and things to see. That kind of thing.