How to use 'Rental home exchanges'

Swap weeks with your fellow rental owners - stay for free anywhere in the world.<br>
paolo

How to use 'Rental home exchanges'

Post by paolo »

Rental home exchanges

Who are the best people to rent to? Your fellow rental owners! That's the thinking behind this - a rental home exchange between owners.

If there are weeks you can't fill, you can exchange one or more and take a well-earned break in another part of the world.

Use this part of the forum to post details of your rental home:

1. Location
2. Type of home
3. Link to your website or ad
4. Available dates
5. Where in the world you would like to exchange with
6. When you would like to exchange.

With normal home exchanges you swap houses simultaneously. As these are rental homes, you don't have to do that - you can pick any time that's available.

Swapping like-for-like I suggest that the best yardstick to use for what is a fair swap is the normal rental rate for that period. If both properties are charging about the same, that's a fair swap. Or you may want to negotiate a payment to make up the difference.

How to post Post a New Topic rather than a Reply, and please try to include information on your accommodation and location in the title of the topic, e.g. "3-bed villa with pool in Algarve".

Contributions As you may know this site does not make any money apart from voluntary contributions users make. So I'm suggesting if you take part in a rental exchange that both parties contribute £15/$20 to Lay My Hat. This will not go into my pocket as such, it would go towards hosting, maintaining and marketing the site.

Buyer beware! Please bear in mind that Lay My Hat does not endorse or guarantee any posts made here. The forum is only putting you in touch with another owner, after that it is up to you. If the owner is a regular on the forum, you do at least have an idea of his/her upstanding character. Try to talk to each other on the phone at some stage, so you can be sure about who you are dealing with. And if it's a Lagos number, don't accept $80 million as part of the deal.
Paolo
Lay My Hat