Mamaging your manager?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
ravetildon
Location: I love Travel! - We Are Based Around San Francisco, California

Mamaging your manager?

Post by ravetildon »

Any one have any ideas on how to manage a bad manager? I have asked her time and time again to turn off heaters and lights when guests leave.

Then I'll make the 3 hour drive up to my place and the lights are on.

My propane company just called and said my tank was completly empty. It was just filled the month before and we have had no guests in the place and it was bone dry. I love spending $300.00 bucks when I shouldn't.

I called her and she denies leaving the stuff on. I don't know what to do. there are not a lot of managers in the area. The last one we had was doing the same stuff.
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

Have you given her a period of time to get this right, after which time, if you are still having problems suggest that you will be obliged to employ someone else?

Difficult I know, but this is what you are paying her for isn't it? If there are lots of other people offering these services you don't have to stick with her.

Ideally you would want anyone else you took on to be personally recommended so that you don't have to face this situation again.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Agreed -- I would think the best way of "managing" here might be to make it known you'll either be letting her go or charging her for the extra propane.

She's probably not being dishonest -- just not paying attention.
Brooke