Help, what % discount for 3 weeks booking?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Hi Phil,

I'm a newbie on this site so forgive me 'interrupting'. July & August are considered High Season; be firm and don't give in. Tell them it's high season and that your rates are competitive etc.

They are just trying it on but if they are really interested and you are polite but firm they'll book for the full rate.

Pambon
http://www.holidayintaormina.com
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

My thoughts on this:

I often offer a discount where it makes sense to do so, for example a long stay by a mature couple, or returning guests.

I've learnt to be wary of people who ask for a discount on their initial enquiry. These tend to be the guests you later regret having.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hope it goes well for you, Phil. We tend not to give discounts for longer stays unless they are returning customers. Even on stays of 2 or 3 weeks, we still change bed linen and have a bit of a clean round on the Saturday. ]

For peak season we don't give a season as we know the weeks will go. We had a cancellation for a two week August stay at the beginning of August and had re-let the two weeks within 6 days!
susanj

Post by susanj »

It may be different here in parts of the U.S. but we give one free night per week in peak season.

Sue
christinedavid

Post by christinedavid »

That's a great idea! They think they're getting something free. So many people will fall for that one. It's a bit like a very exclusive hotel I stayed at in England. When I asked the tarriff price for my room (it was not at my expense!) I was told that it included a "complimentary" breakfast! Oh, so the breakfast's FREE! I'll just have the breakfast then please :)
christinedavid

Post by christinedavid »

Sorry, I forgot the original topic. I recently had a request for a discount for 3 weeks in August. I know I will book those weeks so why should I give a discount? They didn't book.....but is only January.
susanj

Post by susanj »

It's not that we charge more and then say the 7th night is "free." Our peak season rate is $350/night with a 3 night minimum, but if you book 7 nights, you pay $2100 rather than $2450, so they really do get something free.
ScooterJuly

Discount on three week bookings

Post by ScooterJuly »

Hi we always give them.

Less travel between home and the apartment, less cleaning and only two lots of beddding instead of one. Plus less hassle in terms of admin.

An example would be where it is 300 euros a week, three weeks offered at 800 euros (100 euros off).

We also give a 50 euro reduction for two week bookings.

We have had 6 x 3 week bookings this year, two of whom came last year.

Hope this helps.
Chalet le Chapeau Bleu
Bed and Breakfast
Les Espones
31440 St Beat
Midi Pyrenees
www.lechapeaubleu.com