If I had a pound for every enquiry for dates already booked

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

I know! If only they were all that easy . . . . . . though actually I do enjoy the contact with the diversity of customers . . .
John Hampton

Post by John Hampton »

I certainly welcome good genuine enquiries but I don't have to deal directly with the customer any more until they arrive to stay, if the folks at the agency I'm with now don't know the answer to the question they'll contact me, which is fine.

I don't mean to suggest that good clients enquiries are not welcome, only that I have found in the past that people who make random very basic enquiries are generally hard to turn into customers, and my time is limited in spending on them as it's not my full time job. I imagine that many people have several rentals and are working on them full time.
The older I get, the faster I used to be.
http://www.rivierarentalguide.com/prope ... tment/145/
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

nope I have a full time job and trying to run 3 rentals at the same time. I do get driven a bit mad by people asking...
do you have parking (yep, read the FAQs I sent you on initial enquiry)... do you have a hairdryer ( (yep, read the listing information I sent you on initial enquiry)... where are the nearest stations (read the FAQs I sent you on initial enquiry)... is the cleaning included (yep, read the FAQs I sent you on initial enquiry)... how do I book (read the FAQs I sent you on initial enquiry)... etc etc

but.. I still answer them as if they were the first person to ask that question...

which is why my husband is always saying.... are you on that bloomin' computer again... and suggesting that I put it all on an FAQ (I HAVE!!!!!!)
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Nightowl wrote:nope I have a full time job and trying to run 3 rentals at the same time.
:lol: I have one rental and do spend a lot of time in marketing/managing it in one way or another, but I enjoy doing it, despite the frustrations. Just as well! We're not on site so have to employ cleaners and a caretaker and if we'd used an agency we'd be making a loss, such is the size of our outgoings! But I have more time than Nightowl as it's now my only job - so that makes a bit of a difference to my tolerance levels!
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

:lol: :lol:
Nightowl rocks!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Nightowl rocks!!
With Knobs on..[and shes lovely with it]

You go girl!!!!!!!! :wink: :D
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Absolutely!

Nightowl I don't know how you do it...dealing with one place with a 16 wk rental season and working fulltime is enough for me!!

Well done matey!

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

awww... now you've made me blush.....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......